Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 18

Re: Re: Hacking advice needed.

As long as McAfee says your Computer is Secure you have nothing to worry. Please Open up Firewall Settings and Click "Restore Defaults" which will restore default settings in order to bring up Default Protection.

I would suggest you Run Auto-Runs tool and share the logs here to ensure no suspicious activity is going on in your machine. Kindly follow below steps

1. Goto live.sysinternals.com and download Autoruns (If SysInternals Live is Unavailable you can get the tool from Microsoft’s Technet site http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/sysinternals/bb963902 )

2. Run the tool as Administrator

3. Wait for it to Finish Scanning at the bottom left (It should indicate that it is Ready)

4. Click File and Save the log

5. The file will be saved as AutoRuns Data *.arn. Grab the file and attach it in your next reply.

ARNS.png

blacksword65
Former Member
Message 12 of 18

Re: Re: Re: Hacking advice needed.

I've clicked restore defaults in McAfee firewall, and then gone into 'ports and system services' and closed down the remote assistance port and the remote desktop port.

autorun file attached.

edit - have now removed the attached file, I don't feel comfortable with details of my system in the public domain. Is there anyway of forwarding it to a McAfee employee privately, to check it.

blacksword65
Former Member
Message 13 of 18

Re: Re: Re: Hacking advice needed.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 14 of 18

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hacking advice needed.

I understand your concern and have already downloaded the file for analysis. You may remove the attachment from the discussion and will get back here tomorrow around this time.

Regards

blacksword65
Former Member
Message 15 of 18

Re: Hacking advice needed.

Cheers, I look forward to reading your findings.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 18

Re: Re: Hacking advice needed.

I did review the logs and found that there is an Application from DELL running in the background called Stage Remote Manager. Please verify if you are using it and try removing the app if you are not using it. Check to see if the warning pop up again. Apart from this I did not see anything Suspicious in your PC.

stgremot.png

blacksword65
Former Member
Message 17 of 18

Thanks for reviewing the logs.

I have never used Dell Stage Remote Manager, Just tried opening it, and the only option I get is 'Start Setup', so that isn't set up yet or in use on my system. The icon for Stage Remote Manager does appear in my 'hidden icons' in the task bar, but the actual software isn't set up or running.

It's an app for connecting my android mobile phone to the PC, to play music remotely,etc., that isn't set up or running, so can't see that being the problem.

Have just uninstalled it anyway, via control panel, as I'll never use it anyway.

Great you didn't find anything suspicious in the logs. That gives me some peace of mind.

Regards the actual warning my McAfee put up......Is there a possibility that someone connected to my wireless router signal, to 'piggy back' on my network, without actually connecting to my computer...... ie- if someone just connected to my router/network, would I get the 'warning another computer has just connected to this computer'.....or would the McAfee warning distinguish between a connection to my network or computer, by giving the warning, 'warning another computer has just connected to your network'?

Vibiano
Contributor
Message 18 of 18

My iPhone 13 Pro Max has been severely hacked and I want to know how can I block every single person who has hacked me 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community