cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sachinvarma
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

HTC Android phone not able to connect to internet when McAfee Firewall is running

Hi,

My phone has got a internet passthrough facility by which i could use the internet on my laptop to be shared with the mobile phone.

I have enabled all the the application (.exe) files in Program Files(X86)\HTC directory to access internet completly without any restrictions.

But if the firewall is ON my mobile wont be able to access the internet, but if i switch off the McAfee firewall, internet is accessible from my cell phone.

I am using a Dell laptop with Windows 7 (64 bit edition) Home Edition

Is there any one else who is facing the same issue?

Regards,

Sachin

3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

Re: HTC Android phone not able to connect to internet when McAfee Firewall is running

Sorry not familiar with that software. I would have thought when you ran it it (the firewall) would throw up a popup asking to allow the file access. Maybe

1 Does the software have a support line or forum this might have been noticed there?

2 Remove all such file's permissions and let Mcafee throw up the popup?

sachinvarma
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Re: HTC Android phone not able to connect to internet when McAfee Firewall is running

I tried removing the software from the access list, then i got alert when from Mcafee that the application is trying to access internet and i gace FULL access as well.

But even after giving full access to the application, i am not able to access internet from my cell phone, but if i disable the firewall, everything works smoothly and i would be able to access internet over my cell phone properly.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 4

It is possible that you need to do more ie open a port. As I suggested try an android forum?

Can you enlarge on what you actually are doing are you accessing net while on the android phone but using the laptop net access or is this teh other way around?

The HTC folder are these installed normally or are they special files?

Really guessing here as though I have a HTC desire i do not use it in this way.

Have you tried tech support in the useful links tab above. You will I feel have to ask for an escalation as this not a normal question and a search of their FAQs came up with zilch.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community