cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theflyingmonkey
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

General Firewall Questions

Okay I have maybe 3 or 4 questions regarding the McAfee Firewall.  The software I am using is McAfee Internet Security.

1. The first thing is that how can a Risky Connection have happened (blocked) to one of my computers when the Setting is set to Stealth, with browsers set to Outgoing, and my VM software set to Outgoing.

2. How does McAfee Firewall know if the IP address is dangerous or not, since I found out that the Risky Connection happened when I was on my Virtual Machine and the time that it happened at, I think I was watching a Youtube video since I was waiting for my IBM DB2 to finish its answers to my query assignment for class.

3. I tried finding information about the IP address, but I couldn't find anything.  The IP address is 64.95.64.197, if anyone could help tell me where it from like the site and stuff that would be great, since I don't know how this IP address was able to find me or tried to connect to me if my Setting is Stealth and Outgoing for online programs.

4. Is there anyone to see what programs were allowed through the Firewall?  What I am talking about specifically is when you go to the Security Report there is a Stat called Total Programs Allowed.  I know that the more I go on a computer the higher then number because with one of my computer, in the Program Permission list, there is only about 60 programs, yet it said that there was 244 allowed.  The other reason I am asking this is because for the pass 1 and a half month the amount of programs allowed were the same at 240.  No matter if I was installing Windows update, or update McAfee.  But right after the update to 11.0.572, I had 3 programs added to it.  Then, when I was on Firefox checking my email and stuff and I was done.  The total increased by one.  Even though, I did check for updates for my add-ons and firefox, this was something I did everyday yet the amount didn't increase.  As an experiment I did the add-on update again and the total didn't increase, so I was wondering where did that 1 extra come from.

5. Last thing, is who does the IP address 8.21.161.7 and 8.18.25.7 belong too.  i get a attempted connection from one of these IP Address everyday in my Incoming Events Log.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community