cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
purple76
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Firewall too restrictive? Need ability to allow safe content myself.

Hello, I'm new to this forum.  Trying to reset my security to allow downloads that I want, and think are safe.   Can you help?

2 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: Firewall too restrictive? Need ability to allow safe content myself.

All Consumers should have MSC 14.XXX which includes (Excluded Files). For example my Version is 14.0.4119. However the capability of excluding a particular file/program is limited. For even though one we may think is safe, The software may deem it otherwise.

In any case should you attempt to Download a Program/File which may be considered unsafe. Either Web Advisor may block it, or your Real Time Scanning. Are there any programs that are being detected, which you consider to be safe?

To exclude a particular Download you can simply open your McAfee Security Center > Navigation > Real Time Scanning > Excluded Files and expand. Again this feature is limited due to the fact, for your own protection the Software will block it if it is deemed unsafe.

You can also open your McAfee UI and click on 'Help', then Help again. It will take you to a 'Step by Step' Guide/Tutorial which explains your Features and how to use them.

Hope this helps,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: Firewall too restrictive? Need ability to allow safe content myself.

Do you have any further questions in regards to the subject matter? If not, can we assume this thread as answered?

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community