Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayne
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Firewall settings reseted

My firewall settings reseted , why ?

I actually think i know the answer , cause your products are crap , I'd like to see someone giving a better explanation.

on 8/19/10 10:58:34 AM CDT
5 Replies
user_107544
Contributor III
Message 2 of 6

Re: Firewall settings reseted

Hi Mayne,

Could you please explain the changes happened on McAfee firewall automatically , I quite didn't understand you when you say My firewall settings reseted....? Please be specific about the issue so that it would be easier for us to get the issue fixed for you.

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

Mayne
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Hello Rakesh, the following changes took place, the security level has changed from Stealth to Outgoing access , protection during startup has disabled itself and smart advice was set to decide automatically from ask me to decide , basically all the firewall settings restored to default, i already resorted them as they where previously set, but the question still remains why did they reset in the first place ?

Now i'll have to check Mcafee periodically to make sure this doesn't happen again...

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Hello Mayne,

Automatically restoring your Personal Firewall settings can cause other customized settings to be lost/ changed (or) in if there was a system restore performed  that could have made the above to happen .

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

Mayne
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

I didn't do any system restore or anything out of the ordinary, they just reseted by themselves.

For all i know this problem is strictly from Mcafee, this didn't happen only on my PC, you cant even imagine how many problems i had with this "security suite" since i installed it , i would not recommend it to anyone.

Edit: Tho what bothers me the most is that Mcafee misses a lot of malware ..and we are talking about very very very high amounts

Message was edited by: Mayne on 8/23/10 3:06:53 PM CDT
jrusse39
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

The answer from Dinesh K is just as useless as the one I received from the McAfee chat representative.  Obviously no one at McAfee cares, because I have yet to receive a response to my rating of Deepak K (Request Number 484570-559349520).  The "agent" spent an hour with me in a chat session.  It was obvious that (s)he knew nothing of the product.  (S)he spent the time poking around in my computer on some digital safari.

This poor product is changing the PlayOn software from "Full" access to "Outgoing" access.  It seems once every 24-hours, the setting is reset.  I have turned the "Advisor" setting off, but it still happens.  The software does not function until it is manually set back to "Full"

I will not be renewing my license if this problem persists.

Message was edited by: jrusse39 on 9/16/10 8:14:11 PM CDT

Message was edited by: jrusse39 on 9/16/10 8:15:53 PM CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community