Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xialulee
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Firewall prevent Nvidia shield from connecting the PC and game streaming

Jump to solution

HI everyone, 

the Nvidia shield can connect my PC for game streaming only after I disabled the McAfee firewall. What configurations should I apply to the firewall to enable the game streaming while firewall in active? The OS of my PC is Windows 10 1903. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tarkisal
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: Firewall prevent Nvidia shield from connecting the PC and game streaming

Jump to solution

I don't know if the answer you received helped but it didn't fix it for me. I think I found the problem, though. 

Go into McAfee, click on the Gear icon for Settings. Scroll down to My Home Network under My Privacy. Click "Trust" for the Home Network and make sure it's set to "On." 

As soon as I found this option and turned it on the Shield immediately saw the Gamestream from the PC and is working flawlessly. I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Open the firewall in the PC Security tab and go to Internet connections for programs and find the exe file for nvidia shield and edit it. Remove netguard option ie deselect it and close firewall.

If this does not work reselect it and call support

Tarkisal
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

I don't know if the answer you received helped but it didn't fix it for me. I think I found the problem, though. 

Go into McAfee, click on the Gear icon for Settings. Scroll down to My Home Network under My Privacy. Click "Trust" for the Home Network and make sure it's set to "On." 

As soon as I found this option and turned it on the Shield immediately saw the Gamestream from the PC and is working flawlessly. I hope this helps!

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks for your comments

xialulee
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Thank you very much. Based on your suggestion, now my game streaming works smoothly on both shield and moonlight while the firewall is active.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community