cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hellays
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Firewall is preventing using internet

Hi all, please help. Over the last few days my laptop wont load webpages and i cant receive emails. My router is fine and working as using the wi fi fine on my phone. The other laptop in the house is also having the same issues. To cut a long story short I've found out its the mcafee firewall that is causing the issue. Works if i disable it however i obviously dont want to run my computer with no protection. Any help would be brilliant as i'm trying to run a business and this is making a huge impact. THANK YOU.

5 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Firewall is preventing using internet

​,

Have you attempted to (Reset your Firewall to the Default Settings)?

Open your McAfee UI/Navigation/Firewall/Internet connections for programs/restore defaults

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

Moved from Support Forums to Personal Firewall > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

You can also try running the MVT Tool.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
hellays
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Hi, thank you for your help. Unfortunately that didnt work. Can i uninstall it and then reinstall from my online account, would that work....i'm currently doing things with firewall off which i'm not liking at all.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

I apologize for the delay, I had to step out. Yes of course that would be good to try. Simply go to your Windows Control Panel/Programs and Features/Select McAfee Programs/Remove/Restart.. Then follow up by running the latest MCPR Tool.

Then of course go to your account and download and install. Please let us know if this resolved your issue.

Set your Browser to the Default setting may help also.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community