cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonF
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Firewall inteferes with Windows Explorer

When the full Security Center is installed, it prevents links to MS Office 2003 from working. For example, if you use WE to fond a document and click on that document, the system freezes and the document won't open. A link in Outlook to an Office file exhibits the same behavior. The file open fine when opened directly by the Office application. The only way I was able to get McAfee to play with office was to completely uninstall it, including running MCPR and reinstall just the VirusScan and the Site Advisor. I have found no answers to this either on the MicroSoft or McAfee webiste.
5 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

RE: Firewall inteferes with Windows Explorer

Hi,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience that has happened.

Are you are still facing the same issue?, if so please let us know
RonF
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

McAfee inteferes with Office

We have solved this problem very simply. I am in the process of converting all of my clients (about 100 seats) to AVG.
Thanks for your non-reponse.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

RE: McAfee inteferes with Office

Sounds more like a file association issue to me, however isn't Office 2003 past its end-of-life already? It used to work fine on my rig with McAfee installed, but that was some time ago I must admit.
RonF
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

McAfee inteferes with Office

Although Office 2003 is nearing EOL, 2007 is still a problem for a lot of my clients because Macros do no work the same as in 2003 and the interface is ridiculous. Anyway, I solved the problem by de-installing McAfee and using AVG. Everything now works fine, and much more stable and faster. I am transitioning all of my clients to AVG corporate edition.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

RE: McAfee inteferes with Office

Well at least now you have things working. Good luck.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community