cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aviramof
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Firewall failed in grc.com security check

i'm using mcafee total protection 2009 and when i run the shiledsup test in here:
https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 common port check the test failes because of:
Solicited TCP Packets: RECEIVED (FAILED)

why is that and is there something i can do about it without damaging my
surfing and etc.

thanks in advance.
Tags (1)
4 Replies
aviramof
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

RE: Firewall failed in grc.com security check

does anybody tried and had the same problem? as i recall i'v tried many firewalls in the past in this site and they all passed so why not mcafee???

10x again in advance.
godsfantasy
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Did you tell the firewall to allow ping requests? or did you open any ports in the firewall?

Try to restore the firewall defaults, then switch the protection level back to standard.

(all of this is inside the firewall config. page)
aviramof
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

thank you for your help but i no longer use mcafee now days i use eset smart security but i don't think the problem had something to do with something i did but if you can try and check it your self i would be happy to hear what were your resaults.:)

10x in advance.:)
Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 5

Works fine here has done all versions I tested past 4 versions. Both common and all service ports
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community