Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DSOTM58
Contributor II
Message 1 of 10

Firewall blocking printer and speaker

Jump to solution

Hi 

I have BT virus protect run by McAfee and i would like to know how to set it up to let my Mac talk to my printer and Bose speaker, the only way i can do this at the moment is to switch of the Firewall, is there a setting I can adjust

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 11.31.30.png

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 10

Re: Firewall blocking printer and speaker

Jump to solution

Hello @DSOTM58 

This could be due to McAfee that's not updated properly. Please restart your Mac, run McAfee update and try the steps again.

If you still face the same issue. I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall McAfee. Please access the below Article that has steps that you can follow,

How to install or uninstall McAfee software on macOS

Post uninstalling McAfee, check if there are any third party Anti Virus programs and remove them. Install McAfee, change the Firewall type to Home or Work.

Check if the issue gets resolved after performing these steps. If you still have the issue, let us know and also provide the macOS Version[Click Apple Logo at top right→About this Mac] running on your computer.

Regards,
Madhan M

View solution in original post

DSOTM58
Contributor II
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi madhan

Sorry for the late reply and yes your solution has worked so everything is working great now, many thanks  for the help,  😀👍

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Hello @DSOTM58 

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please try to exclude the programs in firewall and check and let us know .. 

Regards

Magesh J

DSOTM58
Contributor II
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi thank you for the reply, i thought there might be a setting somewhere could you tell me how to exclude the programs please.

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Hello @DSOTM58 

Before you exclude those programs, there are few tweaks that you can perform to solve this issue.

Please access the below McAfee Article that will help you to change Firewall Settings.

You are unable to print or access local network resources after installing Internet Security for Mac

Let us know if you still have the issue after performing the steps provided in the Article.

Regards,
Madhan M

DSOTM58
Contributor II
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi thank you for the help but very time i change from public to home or work i get the spinning beach ball and the program quits, is there another work round.

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Hello @DSOTM58 

This could be due to McAfee that's not updated properly. Please restart your Mac, run McAfee update and try the steps again.

If you still face the same issue. I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall McAfee. Please access the below Article that has steps that you can follow,

How to install or uninstall McAfee software on macOS

Post uninstalling McAfee, check if there are any third party Anti Virus programs and remove them. Install McAfee, change the Firewall type to Home or Work.

Check if the issue gets resolved after performing these steps. If you still have the issue, let us know and also provide the macOS Version[Click Apple Logo at top right→About this Mac] running on your computer.

Regards,
Madhan M

DSOTM58
Contributor II
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi Madhan

I have restarted the Mac (Mohave 10/14.6), updated McAffe and switched off Apple firewall and the program still crashes when i try to change from public to home and work. I will do an uninstall/install tomorrow.

Thanks

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Hello @DSOTM58 

May I know if McAfee was reinstalled and whether you were able to resolve the issue?

Regards,
Madhan M

DSOTM58
Contributor II
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi madhan

Sorry for the late reply and yes your solution has worked so everything is working great now, many thanks  for the help,  😀👍

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Hello @DSOTM58 

Thank you for the reply and also confirming that issue has been resolved.

Please feel free to contact us through Community or even our Support if you need any assistance related to McAfee.

Regards,
Madhan M

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community