cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanCalladine
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Firewall blocking ability to print on a wireless printer

I have a problem printing on a new Canon wireless printer from my Lenovo laptop.  I have read the solutions, and none seem to work.

My laptop uses Windows 10

My printer is a Canon Pixma TR4551 

The printer works - I can print from my phone, and from my laptop if McAfee firewall is disabled - but I can't print if the firewall is on.

This much I know after two support calls with Canon - one for 90 minutes and one for 60 minutes.

Help - I pay a lot for McAfee, and I'd really like it not to mess up my printing. 

2 Replies
muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Firewall blocking ability to print on a wireless printer

Hi @DanCalladine ,

The following article will help you in unblocking the incoming connections from the printer. Please follow the article TS100887

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3

Re: Firewall blocking ability to print on a wireless printer

Hi @DanCalladine 

We understand your McAfee product is blocking canon wireless printer in your Laptop Lenovo. Please let us know the complete name & version of the McAfee product installed to troubleshoot the issue. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community