cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrepuski
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 171 of 192

Re: Firewall blocking Youtube video stream.

Hello thecreator,

I just spoke to SiteAdvisor dev and they confirmed that all versions for beta and production are the same. After installation and updates all users will have the latest version.

I am not sure why disabling SiteAdvisor helped with YouTube performance, if you could provide a few links to videos that gave you issues I can pass them on to dev for testing.

Message was edited by: mrepuski on 22/02/12 12:41:36 EST PM
thecreator
Contributor II
Message 172 of 192

mrepuski wrote:

Hello thecreator,

I just spoke to SiteAdvisor dev and they confirmed that all versions for beta and production are the same. After installation and updates all users will have the latest version.

I am not sure why disabling SiteAdvisor helped with YouTube performance, if you could provide a few links to videos that gave you issues I can pass them on to dev for testing.

Message was edited by: mrepuski on 22/02/12 12:41:36 EST PM

Hi mrepuski,

Unfortunately, while I have issues with Mcshield.exe and booting up the computer, I have no issues with SiteAdvisor blocking, though I wish it would block more when clicking Banners to play numbers on Kingolotto.US site. Too many sites have background music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=456RW8rhZ8E no problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFjv_2-hrRQ - no problems

I have Netguard off in the Firewall as well as Intrusion Protection.

Peacekeeper
Message 173 of 192

Mate can you post a link to videos that caused this issue so the SA techs can check please

godme
Former Member
Message 174 of 192

Sure they were the videos from http://thenewboston.org/tutorials.php, there all youtube videos ,

it would stream about 15% of the video and then stop, quite annoying at the time.

The thing that got me is my other three pc’s I have are still using net guard and site adviser

and are perfectly fine for some reason, it was just the forth pc I was using where these caused an issue,

since I disabled net guard and site adviser on that forth pc though it hasn’t had any problems

and the rest of McAfee doesn’t seem to have any issues,the pc itself was in the same good order

as the other three and thought to myself why  net guard and site adviser  would have problems on that one

but not the others was illogical, just didn’t make sense.

cellwart
Former Member
Message 175 of 192

today - as several times before in the past few months since i disabled netguard - i had again problems in youtube-videos, also i also had to do several tries to get websites loaded.

And once again it was the same: the netguard checkmark that i had unchecked was checked on mysteriously. Could it be possible that these settings are reset during the software updates? It is annoying to do the same change again and again.

newjack
Former Member
Message 176 of 192

This is a shot in the dark but do you have the most recent version of Adobe & Java? If you use java.I`m not claiming it is not a Mcafee Issue but I had an Issue in the past a few Times with Youtube.Is your internet connection a good one.You can check your Upload/download times here http://www.speedtest.net/

Also Check That your whole computer is up to date Here http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/

It is worth a Shot.Only takes a few minutes.

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 177 of 192

godme wrote:

Sure they were the videos from http://thenewboston.org/tutorials.php, there all youtube videos ,

it would stream about 15% of the video and then stop, quite annoying at the time.

The thing that got me is my other three pc’s I have are still using net guard and site adviser

and are perfectly fine for some reason, it was just the forth pc I was using where these caused an issue,

since I disabled net guard and site adviser on that forth pc though it hasn’t had any problems

and the rest of McAfee doesn’t seem to have any issues,the pc itself was in the same good order

as the other three and thought to myself why  net guard and site adviser  would have problems on that one

but not the others was illogical, just didn’t make sense.

Hi godme,

Do you have Real-Time Scanning on or off?

Do you have a Hardware Firewall (Router) between you and your Modem?

Do you have a TV Tuner Card or Device attached to your computer?

Do you use Beyond TV?

My settings: TV Tuner Card in for repair so not install at present. Beyond TV not loaded. Netguard completely off. Intrusion Protection Disabled. Real-Time Scanning, everything set to minimum then set to Never. Firewall is always ON.

I now have no problems watching Videos or You-Tube Videos.

In other words, Real-Time Scanning is being used like SpyBot Search and Destroy in Passive Mode.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 178 of 192

I don't recommend disabling Real-Time Protection as that basically means you are not protected against infection at all.  I have everything enabled and have no problems watching YouTube or any other video EXCEPT on the odd occasion when my graphics card is under strain......I run Grid Computing...seti@home, einstein@home, world community grid etc. etc.    Those use the GPU as well as the CPU to crunch numbers.  That is the only thing that would effect YouTube's or any other Flash-type display from playing back smoothly other than abnormal browser settings, or anything other than full access in Firewall for the browser(s).

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/02/12 3:47:25 EST PM
hollywood
Former Member
Message 179 of 192

Hello- is there any updates?  I am at a total loss.  Upgraded and renewed subscription about a week ago.  Now I cant watch You Tube, any streaming videos, music, Hulu..etc.  Incredibiy frustrating.  I have turned off Site Advisor and unclicked Net Guard.  If we wanted to reinstall previous version could we?  Not sure what else to do.    Thank You-

Peacekeeper
Message 180 of 192

Was both SA and netguard disabling required? I thought 1 would have been sufficient. The netguard fix in in QA as we speak and slated to be in a patch released Late Q1 early Q2.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 2/03/12 7:04:53 PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community