cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moorlandmagic
Contributor
Message 101 of 192

Re: Firewall blocking Youtube video stream.

Tony

Firewall info; all on build no. 12.0.345 - Dinz has this also

Blaine91555
Former Member
Message 102 of 192

"40 million"

Then I'd almost lay odds there are hundreds of thousands who have no idea what is causing their issues. Took me three weeks to isolate with plenty of experienced help. It has to be widespread as I've confirmed it on three operating systems on five computers. This could become a very, very long thread.

Thanks so much Peacekeeper for  your efforts and keeping us informed. You are appreciated.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Peacekeeper
Message 103 of 192

I am not getting reports that there are heaps of support calls re this. Probably as noone realises it is a Mcafee issue. 1 of my duties here I see for myself is to latch onto major issues and stir till they are fixed. This and the mcsvhost netguard issue are in my sights and will keep stirring re these over Xmas tho not much ever done in that period.

moorlandmagic
Contributor
Message 104 of 192

Tony

Not surprised that you are not getting lots of support calls re. this ......... with approx 12 of us on here, that leaves potentially well over 39+ million who are still totally unaware of the cause of their problems ..... and look at some of the time-waste, aggravation, and even EXPENSE, that folks here have had, purely because they were unaware !!!

I accept that McAfee do not want to publicly admit (or advertise) this problem, but I don't accept that 40 million users excuse them from informing us. As I've said previously, as well as subscription reminders (although these are probably automated), I also receive regular 'marketing' messages from them.

I, for one, do not expect a quick fix, personally, I'm gonna stick with this for now as I've used McAfee for many years, with very few problems (there's been a few !!) ...... and as you said, previously we didn't have Netguard anyway. However, if they are so reluctant to inform users of things like this, could I suggest that perhaps there should be a link to the forums in the Security Center home panel - at least this would make people aware that the forums exist, and possibly encourage them to check here if they have a problem. I'm sure that in cases like this it would actually benfit McAfee to be aware of the extent of the issue..

Failing that, maybe we should all start posting on their Facebook page in future. !!!!

I now have an additional (minor) problem that I've also noticed elsewhere on here ....... on the machine that I was initially advised by tech to do a re-install, everytime it updates it replaces the shortcut on the desktop !!! ARRRRGGGHHH !!!!

As as been previously said, all your efforts and those of the other moderators, is very greatly appreciated by us all. Hopefully this will all be resolved very quickly in the New Year.

Have a great Christmas & New Year holidays y'all

Message was edited by: moorlandmagic on 23/12/11 05:21:47 CST
Peacekeeper
Message 105 of 192

Re shortcut do not start me on that. It was fixed , broken refixed now broken and is broken in the 2012 beta. We mods have told our techs and they have reported it yet again and will report it via the beta bug reporting as well. It is not a critical issue ie not opens you up for attack so has low priority but why the on and off beats me.

Re emails re this issue i wish why not make an idea re this and every1 here bump it up

https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/ideas?view=idea

Yes have a happy and merry Xmas to all

moorlandmagic
Contributor
Message 106 of 192

Thanks for the link to 'ideas' ...... I've started one about this here ......

https://community.mcafee.com/ideas/1311

on 24/12/11 6:22:25 AM
japanesesweet
Former Member
Message 107 of 192

It took some 5 hours to establish that the Mcfee Firewall was the cause of the sluggish download speed and video grinding to a standstill after 30 seconds.

I was fortunate to have advice from someone who has some expertise in this area,but otherwise i'd still be in the dark as to the cause.

There must be lots of people out there who need to be alerted to this serious problem. Turning to this forum has been useful so that i know what i ought to do next- -for the moment i'm disabling the firewall whenever i need to use Youtube,or downlad something,

moorlandmagic
Contributor
Message 108 of 192

japanesesweet: try leaving your firewall on, and just disabling NETGUARD ... that seems to have worked for most of us here.

japanesesweet
Former Member
Message 109 of 192

Thankyou! it does indeed seem to do the trick. i'm very happy to have discovered this.

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 110 of 192

Please make sure Security Center is updated to build 11.0.649 which is the latest. If it is updated, make sure your broswers, and OS are updated and also provide me those build numbers.

Then please provide me a brief problem description. If you are regsitered with the same email as on the forums I can look up your build info. If not, PM your correct email or get that info  from the about screen.

For example:

Win 7 64 bit Enterprise Service Pack 1

Security Center 11.0.649

Using IE9 version 9.0.8112.16421

I am unable to browse this youtube video (insert a link) when netgaurd is enabled.

When I disable netgaurd, I can view the video.

Lets keep it simple and identify a new pattern to get a resolution.

Regards,

Message was edited by: dougr_t3_support on 12/23/11 9:21:25 AM PST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community