cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moorlandmagic
Contributor
Message 21 of 192

Re: Firewall blocking Youtube video stream.

Just to add to my entry above ... now turned Netguard off, and that appears to solve my problems. reading some of the othe posts on this, that would appear to be where the issue is.

Peacekeeper
Message 22 of 192

Seems they are working with some users to sort out why this is happening. It is not constant ie not for everyone.

Just run with netguard off for a little while

dsgn2mfg
Former Member
Message 23 of 192

I am in the same boat.  Anything that streams  or has large files size excpet for ftp connections is unreliable.  Turning NetGuard off only works some of the time and when it is off my system is still supper slow, balky and inconsistent.  What is consistent is the slowness.  Have a small business network with 2 computers one (i5 W7-32 6g RAM) is fine the other.  My workstation W7-64 with 16g RAM, and Intel i7-x940@2.13 is really bad.  Sometime the internet works sometimes it doesn't likewise for streaming anything.  One symptom that has been consistent is filling in data fields on any page is very slow.  Sometimes I get so far ahead of typing that it just forgets what I've typed.  No difference with different browsers, FF, IE or Chrome.

cellwart
Former Member
Message 24 of 192

Please add me to the list of affected people too (the problem started after the update at beginning of november). Reinstalling did not solve the problem, even the virtual technican did not bring a solution.

therays
Former Member
Message 25 of 192

We are running with Netguard off, and now we have to turn the firewall off completely in order for a family member to play World of Warcraft. 

If McAfee doesn't fix the problem in a couple of days we'll be switching to another product (don't know which one though).  It's a shame, because we've been McAfee customers since our Windows 98 machine...

Lisa and Larry Ray

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 26 of 192

That sounds like you may have missed a popup askignfor permission for WoW.   Do you recall seeing one?

Double-click the taskbar icon and open SecurityCenter

Click Web and Email protection to expand

Click Firewall

Click Internet Connection for Programs  (older versions: this was Program Permissions) - Hint: Click the word Programs at the top to arrange them alphabetically.

Scroll down that list to see if WoW is listed and if it is but only outgoing give it full permssion using the Edit button

If it isn't listed add the .exe of the program.

The other way would be to click Restore Defaults when opening the Firewall and applying that.

then everything will re-ask for permission.

If that doesn't help please open a case with Technical Support linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.  The more examples they get the quicker this will be sorted out.

therays
Former Member
Message 27 of 192

The program has full permissions.  We've been through all of the Blizzard/WOW troubleshooters, so we're down to the issue being with the firewall.  We'll get with McAfee tech support so they can look at it asap.

Lisa and Larry Ray

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 28 of 192

OK, good luck.

johanl
Contributor
Message 29 of 192

Both me and my father have the same issue on our computers, bad internet performance, streaming media is really laggy, internet speed test performance sucks, have to reload pages to see them when browsing etc. Currently we surf with firewall off. Hope this gets solved quickly!!!

Peacekeeper
Message 30 of 192

try disabling netguard part of the firewall safer than disabling all of it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community