cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
proxybox
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Firewall: Unchecking port block still allows traffic

I noticed when setting up Remote Desktop on Windows 10 that I checked the Port 3389 and it opened it up properly. I am able to setup a remote desktop connection from another PC in the network. However, if I uncheck the box it still allows a connection. Isn't the point of a firewall to be able to control this traffic via the checkbox?

Attached you will see the firewall for Remote Desktop unchecked and it still allows a connection.

mcafeerdp.JPG

SecurityCenter

16.0 R24

Mcafee Security Center

Build 18.4.139

2 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Firewall: Unchecking port block still allows traffic

Hello @proxybox 

Please update McAfee and also make sure Windows is up to date. Select Restore Defaults and then try enabling the Port 3389, check if you are able to setup a remote desktop connection from another PC in the network. Then, uncheck the box and let us know the outcome.

Regards,
Madhan M

proxybox
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Firewall: Unchecking port block still allows traffic

I performed all those steps prior to submitting my question. Even with the checkbox unchecked other pcs can establish a connection on port 3389

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community