Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fugazi9999
Contributor II
Message 1 of 5

Cast to device being blocked by firewall on my home network

Jump to solution

I have only just started using McAfee Total Protection on my home network devices, windows pcs and laptops.

Previously with another AV provider I was able to Cast To Device from my Windows10 laptop to my LG TV, so I know it should work. I installed Total Protection and now it does not work, I get an error saying the media can not be found. After seraching the web for answers with little luck I turned off the Mcafee firewall and it started to work! So I am assuming the firewall is blocking this.

How do i get this working again without the need to constantly disable the firewall?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fugazi9999
Contributor II
Message 4 of 5

Re: Cast to device being blocked by firewall on my home network

Jump to solution

Ok I have checked Settings, Firewall, My Network Connections.

My home wifi network was marked as public, and there were four other network ranges listed, not my home network, or ISP marked as Home network, I have now blocked all those and Marked my wifi onnection as Home and now Cast to Device seems to be working again.

It seems like it miss idenetified the network when it auto setup.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Usually if there is a exe file that  is run you may need to allow the file through the firewall . This in internet connections for firewall or if it needs a port opened that option is there as well.

Hmmm maybe you need to add the Ip address of the TV to the network connections options

fugazi9999
Contributor II
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

I am trying to view mp4 and jpg files on the tv, no exe files.

With Kaspersky this just worked with Mcafee this is blocked.

Where do i need to make any changes?

fugazi9999
Contributor II
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Ok I have checked Settings, Firewall, My Network Connections.

My home wifi network was marked as public, and there were four other network ranges listed, not my home network, or ISP marked as Home network, I have now blocked all those and Marked my wifi onnection as Home and now Cast to Device seems to be working again.

It seems like it miss idenetified the network when it auto setup.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks I did not realise that it was public isn't that a windows thing. marked your post as the solution

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community