cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tynemonkey
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Can't turn off Firewall

On Windows 10 I'm trying to resolve an issue with the Origin installer, one of the suggestions for which is to temporarily disable the firewall when running. However, I go into the firewall settings in the McAfee Security Centre application, click Turn Off, select to turn on in 15 minutes from the drop-down, click Turn Off again - and absolutely nothing happens. On that page it still says Firewall:On; on the PC Security tab it still says the firewall is on. I've googled and can find no solution. How do I turn the thing off??? #firewall

1 Reply
Bharani_BD
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can't turn off Firewall

Hi @Tynemonkey 

We are sorry for your inconvenience caused. To turn off firewall kindly update the McAfee application and reboot the PC. check if you are able to turn off firewall. And also check if your profile has administrator privileges to modify any settings from the application. If the issue still persists kindly update us with the issue screenshot to assist further.

Thanks & Regards
Bharanidharan S

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community