cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theflyingmonkey
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Adobe Update Problem

Not sure if this is the right place. But I have McAfee Internet Security for Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1.

I was trying to update my adobe flash to the latest version for Firefox about 2 hours ago. I went to Google and clciked the link with the url get.adobe.com/flashplayer, which is the usual url. But I was taken to another url called get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and when I try to get rid of the 2 it takes me back to the same get2 url. The other thing is the page looks to be from Adobe with the same optional software download, but the tab listed the page as ADC Offer Pane.

I repeated what I did starting from the google search and this time it took me to the standard get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. Doing this a couple more times it varied between the 2 page but resulted with the get.adobe.com more. The other thing is when I was on the get.adobe.com page and I tried to change it to get2, it stayed on the same page, but the url was get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?ab=1.

The get2 page had a installation type progess bar on the right of the page, with Step 1 of 3 on the top right and a Install Now button.

I tried the install now and it takes me to Step 2 where it was initializing and when the progress filed up, the save download box that I normally see showed up

The file downloaded and had Adobe has the maker and file version as 3.3.9 with a size of 1043kb. I didn't run this one and deleted, but when I went to the usual get.adobe page to download the installer it does the usual download dialog and I save it. The file had the same names, file version, maker but the size was different. From the more familiar page I always seen (get.adobe.com) the size was 1045kb.

I am not sure how certain the download from get2 is a virus, but searching that showed this page was a redirect or way of downloading  trojan through the use of php. If that page was a php page used to download malware onto our computer, shouldn't McAfee have caught it? I did download the "flash installer" from the get2 page, but I didn't run it.

1 Reply
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 2
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community