Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snlew
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Accidentally Blocked Google Chrome

Hello,

I accidentally blocked Google Chrome and I need it back desperately. How do I get it back? How can I unblock Google Chrome?

This is the actual response...

Unable to access the network

Google Chrome is having trouble accessing the network.

This may be because your firewall or antivirus software wrongly thinks Google Chrome is an intruder on your computer and is blocking it from connecting to the Internet.

Here are some suggestions:

• Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.

Error 138 (net::ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED): Unable to access the network.

4 Replies
djfil
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: Accidentally Blocked Google Chrome

Open McAfee... Click on Firewall... then Firewall Settings.  There's a button at the top of this page that says "reset firewall"... that's the easiest way.  Or you can locate it under the "Internet Connections for Programs" section of the firewall settings page.

GerardoPinzon
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Check if you have Web Boost activated, if so , for sure it's preventing you from play videos automatically hence also blocking you to use Google remote tool when it's considering the remote desktop feature as a video generator.

Disable Web Boost if you need to use Google Chrome Remote Desktop back and when done using this feature enable Web Boost again to continue blocking automatic play of videos.

My next step is to make some tests to create a sort of rule that allows me to exclude remotedesktop.google.com from the Web Boost.

Regards,

Gerardo Pinzon

Oliver360
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

This thing happened because of the Antivirus software sometimes. Because in present time lots of viruses attack to the computer through the internet or our browsers and that's why antivirus software stop protecting your computer from viruses and blocked some site or browsers. 

IF you want to stop McAfee blocking chrome so you may browse the web with it, you should give it full access to all of the rights in the McAfee antivirus dashboard.

• To do so, start your McAfee antivirus program.
  • Click the "Navigation" link that appears in the top right corner of the McAfee window from the McAfee antivirus home screen.
  • After that, you'll be presented with a variety of options from which to choose.
  • Select "firewall" from the drop-down menu.
  • Find the Google Chrome program listed under the "Program Permissions" tab.
  • Select "edit" from the Google Chrome program.
  • After that, select Allow full access for Google Chrome from the drop-down menu.

IF still, you are unable to fix the issue you can call the McAfee support team for help and guide

Mahef
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

block my mcafee i google chrome (uninstall)

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community