cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjanulaitis
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

3rd Party Application Upgrade

Everytime I upgrade other 3rd party applications that require internet access such as Corner Bowl Server Manager, McAfee prompts me to allow internet access which I allow.  How can I stop McAfee from re-prompting me everytime the software is patched?

10 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 11

Re: 3rd Party Application Upgrade

Assuming you are using home products. Moved to Personal Firewall for better attention, someone will answer you soon I hope.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 3 of 11

Hi,

You can also check whether you see any option to give a check for “ Do not show this message again ” the next time when you get the popup to allow or block the program. Thanks,

mjanulaitis
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

There is no "Do not shot this message again".  The screen says an application wants internet access then offers 4 buttons, no check boxes.  Allow Once, Allow Always and block once and always (something like that).

karthiks
Former Member
Message 5 of 11

Hi,

Please follow the below steps and check whether you are getting the popup in the next time. Thanks,

• Open McAfee Security Center
  • Click on Navigation at the top right corner
  • Open Firewall
  • Under Firewall Settings check for Internet Connections and Programs
  • Open the Internet Connections and Programs drawer
  • Check for your application Corner Bowl Server Manager and provide Full Permission Access
  • If Corner Bowl Server Manager is not listed, add the application into the list by clicking on the Add option and browse the computer to add the application, then give Full Permission Access

If you get the popup again requesting you to attach the screen shot of the popup in the next post

Message was edited by: karthiks on 9/3/12 1:33:45 PM CDT
mjanulaitis
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Yes of coarse the application is listed. I get the popup every time I update the 3rd party software.

Message was edited by: mjanulaitis on 9/3/12 3:28:54 PM CDT
karthiks
Former Member
Message 7 of 11

Is the software having Full Access

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 11

In your first post you said "Everytime I upgrade other 3rd party applications" - does this happen with all software or only this one?

It's just possible that this particular software updates by completely replacing itself using a different signature each time.  That would cause the firewall to treat it as new software each time it updates.

The other possibility is that it has a separate updater exe file that also needs permission.  You would find that possibly in the program folder itself.

mjanulaitis
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Both McAfee and the 3rd party software have full admin access to the system.  The 3rd party software simply stops the service and other user interface processes, replaces the files and then restarts them. I have verified the software is not replaced.  The software is updated rather than uninstalled then re-installed.  This can be simply verified by assigning credentials to the service then runnning the update.  In case of software being replaced, service credentials are always lost, this is not the case.

I have verified the updates work correctly on client systems running Windows Firewall, Trend Micro as well as Norton.  This behavior only occurs on systems running McAfee.

Message was edited by: mjanulaitis on 9/4/12 7:17:45 AM CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 11

OK then I will defer to Karthiks for further input as he is with support.

You mention client systems, we are talking McAfee consumer/home products here?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community