cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raj009
Contributor II
Message 1 of 7

safe family not working on windows standard user profile

My son and me are using the same windows PC, it works on my login (admin), it doesn't work on the my son's login (Standard user), it just flashed the start up screen and closed. and it doesn't monitor anything.

6 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: safe family not working on windows standard user profile

Hi @raj009 

McAfee safe family requires admin privileges to run. Please ensure that user accounts in your PC has admin privileges and check. 

Thanks, 

raj009
Contributor II
Message 3 of 7

kids profile doesn't have admin privilege, so how does it work. to restrict the kids activities on the laptop they have to be with the standard user profile only, not with the Admin privilege. so how can Safe family does work .   

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7

try to connect with your son account and right click on safe family "run as administrator"

it should allow to create profile.

it worked for me that way

Anil76
Contributor II
Message 5 of 7

I too see same same problem, safe family is not working as expected. Able to run as administrator, but the kids are still able to open the app and check their activities, of course they are unable to switch to parent login since they don't know the password. Also kids can exit the app which voids the sole purpose of installing this app.

raj009
Contributor II
Message 6 of 7

still it doesn't work properly. earlier it used to work but not now.
Anil76
Contributor II
Message 7 of 7

Looks like mcafee is careless about its product issues, I had other product which was working fine. But I have purchased this product as a corporate offer, unfortunately support sucks

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community