Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AFS
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Win 7 applications run slow

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have install safe family on Win 7, logged in as a child 12 years, the system is running slow, to open Chrome it need 5 minutes, CPU is on 5% and memory 7%.

When I change the user in safe Family to me (windows user is still the same) every thing is running ok again.

What can i do.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sivasubramanian
Message 10 of 14

Re: Win 7 applications run slow

Jump to solution

@John19 

This has already been reported and the same will be fixed in Safe Family 2.7 version.

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi @AFS

We strongly suggest that you assign a seperate Windows User account (as a standard user ofc) for your child. Reason is that there might be delays in applying the policies for Parent and child in same user account.

Let me know how it goes after creating a Child user account.

AFS
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi Selvan,

I did this, I have a sepárate account, there I notice that some thing went wrong after installing safe family, for test in this separate account y logged in in safe family as me and every thing went ok again, so for me I have some trouble with safe family and not with windows.

Thanks in advance 

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi @AFS

Please post the screenshot of the error message that you see. This will help me provide you with appropriate action plan

AFS
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi Selvan,

there si no error.

- I boot fresh

- click on chrome it takes 3 minutes an 15 seconds to open

- click on PowerPoint it tales 30 seconds to open

- on same Windows Child account i log in in safe family as me

- now Chrome Open in 2 seconds and PowerPoint in 1

something is wrong in safe family that does that open applications take long

regards

sivasubramanian
Message 6 of 14

Jump to solution

@AFS 

Please let us know whether you have created the child account as System user or Administrator. If you have created the child account as administrator profile and tries logging in as administrator using safe family it will not check the permissions and log in as normal. Ensure you have to log out from Administrator user and try login as a child with child permissions in Safe Family. 

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
AFS
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Jump to solution

Hello Siva,

the windows child account is a standart User and Safe family child account.

In this case opening programms like Chrome or powerpoint takes very long, after that the programm it self is running normal, but if i want to open Word it takes long again.

In this situation i log on in safe family as me, and every thing is running fine.

Regards
Alberto

sivasubramanian
Message 8 of 14

Jump to solution
@AFS Please send me Private Message. Regards Siva
John19
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Jump to solution

@sivasubramanian  Hi Siva, I met the same problem, my system is win10, could you tell me how to solve this problem? Thank you! 

sivasubramanian
Message 10 of 14

Jump to solution

@John19 

This has already been reported and the same will be fixed in Safe Family 2.7 version.

Regards
Siva

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community