cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericjulien
Former Member
Message 1 of 11

Where I could set max time allow by day ?

Hi,

This product seem really good but I hope I didn't find, but where I could set max time (HH:MM) allow by day?  I screen time but it's just range ???? It's clearly not enough for me ! 

Screen time have to be really more flexible, like a grid with dayofweek/hour  where you can set range ect ... and a max of time allow for each day (not week/weekend).

Any plan to support this feature ? (roadmap?)

And you didn't have a web access to manage all of this ?

Eric

10 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 11

Re: Where I could set max time allow by day ?

I will ask a Expert from the TrueKey Team to assist you.

Could you kindly assist this user?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 11

Hi ​,

We are looking at duration by day capability and making the time of day scheduling more flexible as part of our roadmap.

currently today, the management is through the app for parents to stay on top of what their kids are doing.

thanks,

E-ming

ericjulien
Former Member
Message 4 of 11

So web management is just more flexible but I guess with a good app or good Desktop soft it's ok (not perfect)

Max time allow is a showstopper for me ! I'll wait you add this feature before giving a try.

I'm not sure to understand state of this project/soft (Safe Family) ? it's in beta ?  is it possible to subscribe to a mailing list of changelog/new beta version etc ?

esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 11

Safe Family is available for use. It's not in beta, but it is a new product. User feedback like yours is great as we continue making incremental changes and improvements to the product.

We don't have a formal mailing list or official changelog. the mobile apps get updated in the app store, and we publish what has been updated with each release we make in the app store.

I will be happy to let you know when we've introduced max time allowed capability.

Just to clarify the max time allowed feature, you are looking for a way to say my child cannot spend more then 3 hours (for example) on any or all devices per day? would you want to specify it per device or just have it across all devices?

Thanks!

ericjulien
Former Member
Message 6 of 11

My use case is to specify time allow by device per day.

Like his configuration (Sample)

Kid 1    Device: Kid1Laptop

Ex.:

Monday  8:00 to 10:00  and 17:00 to 20:00       2 hours Allow

Thursday   8:00 to 10:00  and 17:00 to 20:00    2 hours Allow

Wednesday 8:00 to 10:00  and 17:00 to 20:00  2 hours Allow

Tuesday 8:00 to 10:00  and 17:00 to 20:00       2 hours Allow

Friday 8:00 to 10:00  and 17:00 to 21:00          2.5 hours Allow

Saturday 8:00 to 21:00                                      4 hours Allow

Sunday 8:00 to 21:00                                         4 hours allow

Kid 1    Device: FamilyPC

Ex.:

Monday  8:00 to 20:00       30 mins Allow

Thursday   8:00 to 20:00       30 mins Allow

Wednesday  8:00 to 20:00       30 mins Allow

Tuesday  8:00 to 20:00       30 mins Allow

Friday  8:00 to 20:00       30 mins Allow

Saturday  8:00 to 20:00       30 mins Allow

Sunday  8:00 to 20:00       30 mins Allow

Like same for Kid2 and Kid3, range must be a grid (7 x 48 block)  48 block mean 24 hours  X 2 to represent half hour.

Time Allowed increment by 15minutes. Like 3h15

With a easy option to give a boost of time Like give 15min / 30 mins / 1 hour (like on mobile app, notification style)

Presently my main issue I had with Qustodio is my kid know how bypass time allow and play much more they suppose to do, anf qustodio is really slow to understand/correct situation !

And MORE ...

A summary of time use, what he does during 2 hours ?

Duolingo : 20mins

Web Brwosing : 30mins

Rocket League: 1h10mins

On monitored device (principally on PC /windows for me) some notification like 30 minutes before  / 15 minutes  / 2 minutes ... because it's really not cool when you didn't advice before you lost access.

Bonus feature: tracking bad word (tracking keypress and when a bad word is use send a email/notification about x previous key taped to get context about bad word use !)

I didn't search a free solution, I already pay for Qustodio but I expect a solid solution fir 3 kids and some device like ~5 device but principally pc/windows.

I hope I'm clear, It's principally what I search I hope you could add this feature in your future version!

Thanks!

Eric

esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 11

Thanks ​ for the detailed reply. Very much appreciated. I'll take your feedback to the design team as we plan out this updated capability.

for our app time limiting feature (eg. use angry 30 minutes a day or pc app for 30 minutes a day), we do provide kids with a 5 minute warning before their time runs out which shows up as a push notification.

ericjulien
Former Member
Message 8 of 11

I'm not sure to understand this part of your response "for our app time limiting feature (eg. use angry 30 minutes a day or pc app for 30 minutes a day), "

esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 11

Safe Family has a feature where you can allow your kids access to a specific app (on Android and WIndows) for a set amount of time per day. For example, you can allow your child access to Angry birds for 30 minutes / day. if you enable that rule, your child, while playing angry birds, will get a notification letting them know that they have 5 minutes left. Once time runs out, your child will get a block screen where they can then ask you for additional time.

For example, see the screenshot below. The "set a limit" button in the app details allows you to set the rule I describe above.

IMG_4989.jpg

ericjulien
Former Member
Message 10 of 11

Ummm it's a interesting feature to limit time to a specific app, but it's really to much in detail, I really prefer give a max time allow and let my kid decide what it does.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community