cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tilehouse
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

When I set the schedule it doesn't work at the times expected

When I set a schedule for screen time it doesn't appear to activate at the times stated.  This is frustrating for all!

I am in the UK, are these US times??

Switching the rules off, does allow access to all Apps but it takes a couple of minutes to activate compared to similar products I've tried.

I like the fact I can use this on IOS and PC.

I would like to be able to set more than one screen time period during the day. i.e. 9am to 11am and then 4pm to 6pm.

Thanks

9 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 10

Re: When I set the schedule it doesn't work at the times expected

Best I get the safe Family Lead Engineer to help  you as we mods are not using this product

Can you help this user please

esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 10

Hi,

Can you please clarify what devices your kids are on? The times should work against your current timezone.

What times have you set to block for your kids?

what times are you (or your kids) are seeing that their device is getting blocked or unblocked?

trying to understand if it's not working at all, or if you experiencing a lag/delay in which the the rules are/are not working.

please clarify if you are seeing the issues upon when the device should be turned off or when it should be turned back on?

alternatively you can contact me at eming_saung@mcafee.com and we can set up some time to talk.

thanks,

E-ming

tilehouse
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

Hi,

i think its a lag. He usea 2 iPads and a laptop.

i'll try it again over the weekend and report back what I did and what happened.

thanks

tim

jjw
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

I am having the same problem and am also in UK.  Rules were working fine for weekdays.  But today (Saturday) the apps haven't reappeared.  Have tried the usual switch on and off and also tried resetting sat rules and waiting 10mins but still not working correctly.  Can you help?

justonthermothe
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

I am happy to see that there is finally a recognised and trusted security organisation developing a product to remotely manage devices. If only people knew how much "trust" they put into these newbies and what the risks are.. Anyway I really believe that McAfee can make this product a lot better.

Would also like to see the ability to create multiple rules to allow different times and different apps to be allowed - for example school apps during school hours.

Unfortunately our devices (iPads) are not "locked" as configured by the McAfee screen time rule. Could it be because our devices are locked down and the restrictions are interfering with the activation / deactivation by the McAfee profile?

On the positive side, the McAfee profile does activate the main settings though as can be seen when reviewing the restrictions settings.

esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

hi

When you say your ipads are not "locked", do you mean that after setting the time of day schedule, your devices are not getting blocked at the scheduled times? or not getting unblocked at the scheduled times, or both?

can you also let me know if the following works for you:

1.) on your parent device, launch the safe family app

2.) go to the rules tab (shield with star in it), pick your child's profile that's assigned to one of your ipads

3.) go to the apps tab for that child -> change rules for ios devices

4.) uncheck 4+ so that all apps will be hidden on your ipad

let me know if this works or not. i'm just trying to confirm that everything is setup correctly and the remote management is working manually and that it might be a problem with our scheduling of the rules.

Thanks,

E-ming

justonthermothe
Former Member
Message 8 of 10

Hi E-ming

Yes, the iPad is not being blocked at the scheduled time. It is not getting unblocked because it is not getting blocked in the first place.

I have followed your instructions and the change had no effect. I looked at the restrictions and it did change the allowed content to 4+.

Appreciate your assistance

esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 10

can you send me the email address you used to create your Safe Family account so we can take a look?

my email address is eming_saung(at)mcafee.com

Thanks,

E-ming

esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

we've made several updates and improvements to ensure the time of day scheduling feature is working consistently. it would be great if you could check and confirm the feature is working for you now.

Thanks,

E-ming

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community