Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zdave83
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

What happened to McAfee user accounts?

Hello

I have two PC's with McAfee downloaded from Comcast. McAfee was installed on the 1st computer about a year ago and works great. I have McAfee user accounts so that kids of different ages can have different levels of access, without having to have a lot of "Limited" Windows accounts all over the computer.

I installed McAfee on a second computer a few weeks ago, and had been searching for a way to set up McAfee user accounts. I finally came across a statement in the documentation that said something like "if your PC had McAfee user accounts before, they will still be active, but if this is a new installation, McAfee user accounts are not available". No additional explanation.

>>> What the ____? <<<

What happened to McAfee user accounts? How does removing this functionality help the customer? Did I miss something here?

Any light you can shed on this will be appreciated.

Thanks -- Dave
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

RE: What happened to McAfee user accounts?

It's all done through Windows User Accounts in the current product. The McAfee Users would only continue to be available if you upgraded from a previous product that had those settings rather than do a clean installation. The process can't be reversed.

See this user guide, page 141 onwards: http://download.mcafee.com/products/manuals/en-us/MTP_userguide_2009.pdf

You need Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat to read PDF's here: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community