cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ColinS
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

What do you want to see in Parental Controls?

Hello all,

I'm Colin Smith, a product manager on the Windows security team at McAFee.  One of my areas of interest is the Parental Controls feature in McAfee Total Protection.

I'd like to know what you like about the Parental Controls, what existing features you would change, and what new features you would add.

If you have an opinion I would love to hear it.

Thanks

Colin

5 Replies
Candytree
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: What do you want to see in Parental Controls?

Maybe I can do this already, but I'm new to all this. Can I limit the times that all computers on my home network can be online, by setting it up from my main PC. I think I have to do each PC individually. It's a parental control that is spot on, but by doing it once would save a lot of time.

ColinS
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Hi Candytree,

You can set a Web Browsing Schedule for each user that you have set up Parental Controls.  Each computer that has access to your home network would have to have a copy of McAfee installed.

So if you have 3 computers on the network, all 3 would need to have McAfee installed and have Parental Controls set up for the users of those computers.  Hope that helps.

Colin

Haomin
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

ColinS wrote:

Hello all,

I'm Colin Smith, a product manager on the Windows security team at McAFee.  One of my areas of interest is the Parental Controls feature in McAfee Total Protection.

I'd like to know what you like about the Parental Controls, what existing features you would change, and what new features you would add.

If you have an opinion I would love to hear it.

Thanks

Colin

Hello Colin,

Thanks for asking!

First and foremost, I require a solution that works.  I paid for this copy of Parental Controls and it doesn't!

Please see https://community.mcafee.com/message/146839#146839 for more details.

Remember to insure your products - my kids are at risk !

ColinS
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Hi Haomin,

I replied in a private message to you about this issue.  Please take a moment to read it an reply I want to make sure I understand the issues so that I can help you solve the problem.

You can also email me directly at colin_smith@mcafee.com.

Thanks

Colin

GideonApponsah
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Currently, Parental Controls in McAfee Total Protection allows you to block access to specific and groups of sites - that is if you know which sites you want to block.

As the Administrator, I would want to be able to monitor and check website visited by other users on the home PC. This will help the Administrator to know which websites may be worth blocking. It seems this is possible with McAfee Family Protection but not in Total Protection.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community