Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NimiNimi
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Time limit on app categories

Jump to solution

Hi.

I was wondering if it's possible to limit time spent on app categories on Android devices? I only found time limits on specific apps in rules settings.

I'd want to set up devices so the kids can spend 3 hours per day for gaming, but they can choose which games they spend it on.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bharani_BD
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Re: Time limit on app categories

Jump to solution

Hi @NimiNimi

As of now we do not have an option to categorize a set of application and set a time limit or restriction. We kindly suggest you to select the apps that you would like to setup a time limit and configure it individually. We regret the inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards
Bharanidharan S

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Rajiv_s1
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hello @NimiNimi ,

The options available to set us rules for Kid profile in Safe family are explained in the below article, please have a check and if in case you have any concerns please feel free reply to this post.

Article

Regards,
Rajiv S

NimiNimi
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi.

Yes, I've read through them and browsed the settings, but only thing I found about time restrictions are for specific applications. Types of apps are only mentioned in blocking part, but I don't want to block all games.

The options are "Blocks a type of application from a kid to use" and "Set a time limit on kid's profile they can use an application"

Now it seems like the only way to give someone limited game time is to pick specific games and give them a time limit. I'd like to give a time limit for a type of application, so I don't decide which games my kids get to play for 30 mins, 1 hour, etc.

Bharani_BD
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @NimiNimi

As of now we do not have an option to categorize a set of application and set a time limit or restriction. We kindly suggest you to select the apps that you would like to setup a time limit and configure it individually. We regret the inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards
Bharanidharan S

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community