cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robbeck67
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Snapchat not showing in apps

I recently installed safe family. I love the way I can remove an app from her screen. Only problem is snapchat does not show up as one of the apps on her phone. That's probably the most important one I need to be able to block.

4 Replies
esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: Snapchat not showing in apps

Hi ​,

what device if your child on?

when you say snapchat does not show up as one of the apps on her phone, is that what you see in safe family in your parent app? or are you saying that snapchat on your child's phone is not disappearing with the rest of the apps?

Thanks,

E-ming

robbeck67
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi E-ming, I am so sorry it took me so long to reply to your reply. Snapchat does not show up as one of her apps in safe family on my phone. So there is no way for me to restrict it at all. It would be great if there were on on off switch. If I want to turn off my daughter's apps I have to change the screen times. Love the app though and that it's free. Thanks!

Rob

esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

​,

what kind of phone (device model and os version if you can get it) is your daughter using that has snapchat on it?

there are some limitations depending on if she has android or iOS. Android you should be able to block access to this app specifically (or set a daily time limit). for IOS, apps get blocked at age group level as classified in the Apple App store and there isn't a way to just block Snapchat and not other apps within the same age group.

Thanks,

E-ming

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

I have this problem too... 2 years after this post.  What going on?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community