cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_194079
Former Member
Message 1 of 16

SafeFamily

i try to delete a device i connected in the App, but in the App I can't do it- Why?

i try to delete the account of my daughter- same way I can't do it...

please help. The connected iPad is in a time schedule i create for my Dougherty, but connected is the ipad in my admin-account ... i hate this moment

15 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 16

Re: SafeFamily

I will attempt to contact a Expert from the Safe Family Team on your behalf.

​  Could you kindly assist this customer please?

During the interim, you may try following these Guidelines/Instructions

Antivirus Software and Internet Security For Your PC or Mac | McAfee

All the Best

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 16

​,

I'd like to make sure i understand the problem you are running into. are you looking to deleting device or delete your daughter's account because you are stuck with the screen time rules and it's not un-hiding the blocked apps on your daughter's ipad?

we are currently seeing an issue that may be causing the problem that you are seeing, and are working diligently to fix the problem.

user_194079
Former Member
Message 4 of 16

Yes.

but after two weeks the iPad was not locked today first day the iPad is locked with the timescedule I tryd first time. The iPad is now  connected with my admin account. But the rules are installed I think. Now it's locked and I can't turn back.

All ways I try to delete the connection of the iPad to my account. Delete the account of my daughter- in my admin-account view of the profile there is now opinion to delete when I try to edit her account.

user_194079
Former Member
Message 5 of 16

How can I delete connected devices and turn the system-settings back?

esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 16

because of the nature of issue we are seeing, the way to get back your system settings will be to remove one item on your child's device:

go to apple settings -> General -> profiles and management and remove the mcafee profile there.

once you do that you will un-hide all the apps.

once things are working on our end again, to get your child device setup again you just launch the safe family app on your child's device -> family tab -> next to child's name will be a button to install file -> follow instructions again

and that will get you set back up.

esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 16

fyi, the issue has been resolved. if you haven't yet uninstalled everything, changes to your child's rules should work now on their iOS device.

please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

user_194079
Former Member
Message 8 of 16

Sorry,

but i have a german device and cant finde the root, where i can delete the profile

and

i have two accounts, one for me , one for my daughter.

my account is connected with my iphone and my ipad, the daughter-account is not connected with any device. i can´t delete the connection to iphone or ipad in the app

two weeks ago, I first time  installed the app on ipad i tryed the time-settings. with no results - I think, I installed the profile of my daughter in the ipad. then i switched the connecten of the ipad to my account. i think, that the settings, installed first time are now "live" without a real connection with the account.

How can i manage my settings online in the browser on PC? is there any option?

Thanks

esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 16

so the set up should be - your device is setup as a "parent" device which you would use your email login and password you created to use. you will have to install the safe family app and it can be installed on windows, android, or iOS. on PC, you will need to install the safe family app from http://mcafee.family.com

when you say account, do you mean an email address?

your daughter's device, she will have an access code (7-digit code) that you can use to enter on her device when you initially setup on her device.

you can switch your daughter's device and change the assigned profile from your profile to her profile.

in the safe family app -> go to Family tab (far right tab) -> switch device -> and choose your daughter's name

that will change the device to be recognized as her device with her rules that you have set.

if you're able to attach any screenshots, please take a screenshot of the family tab on all the devices you have installed safe family. Feel free to black out any personal information you don't want to share.

it will look something similar to below...

parent device on iOS -

IMG_6769.png

kid device on iOS -

IMG_1195.png

user_194079
Former Member
Message 10 of 16

these are screenshoots on my iphone.

in the ipad i cant see your app, so i cant change anything there.( i thinks these are rools to deaktivate apps on age-rools(only apps <6years)

20170208_072401000_iOS.png20170208_072358000_iOS.png20170208_072349000_iOS.png20170208_072339000_iOS.png

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community