cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdelecole
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Safe family app - screen time

Hi there, what is the difference in the safe family app between "suspend screen time" option available on the welcome screen showing all childrens and "scrren time rule" option available between child's configuration ?

What is the difference between both and interaction between each other ? This is confusing...

5 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: Safe family app - screen time

Hello @cdelecole 

Screen time rule are rules that enable you to allow device usage in 'blocks' of time. You can set preferred time range, during which your kid will be allowed to access resources (there are separate setting for weekdays and weekends). 

Suspend screen time will suspend the usage for the child until it is enabled again.

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

cdelecole
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

ok, so that means Suspend Screen time will have the priority on whatever screen rule time I have defined until I disable this Suspend Screen time right ?

And If I Suspend Screen time but allow Screen rule time between 2PM and 3PM my child will not be able to use the phone between 2PM and 3PM anyway ?

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

Hello @cdelecole 

Apologies for the late response.

Suspend Screen time will have the priority on whatever screen rule time you have defined until you disable it.

If you Suspend Screen time but allow Screen rule time between 2PM and 3PM, your child will not be able to use the phone between 2PM and 3PM.

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

cdelecole
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thanks a lot for explaining how it works ... but it is just not working.

Whenever I "suspend screen time", the suspend is not always (most of the time not) coming on the smartphone ... only 1 out of 10 times yes. I think it is depending on what my daughter is doing / what application she is using, but not sure, I was not able to identify the root cause. Same for applications screen time, for example whats'app between 3 and 4 ... the rule is not respected ...

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 6

Hello @cdelecole 

We are sorry that you have issue with SafeFamily.

I've sent you a private message. Please check and respond back.

Regards,
Madhan M

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community