cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdiamond215
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Safe family app. I need to either figure out how to log out of my kids account on her phone or uninstall the app. When I downloaded it to her phone I believe I did it wrong and I can't add her to my family. It's coming up on her phone like a parent even t

Jump to solution

Safe family app. I need to either figure out how to log out of my kids account on her phone or uninstall the app. When I downloaded it to her phone I believe I did it wrong and I can't add her to my family. I tried to uninstall it from her phone but then it gives me the option to deactivate and it says "this app is a device administrator and must be deactivated before uninstalling" however does not tell me how to deactivate. It does work absolutely wonderful on my other child's phone it's just this one I messed up I need to either uninstall or figure out how to deactivate. I already went into accessibility and turned off see family and I'm just kind of stuck.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: Safe family app. I need to either figure out how to log out of my kids account on her phone or uninstall the app. When I downloaded it to her phone I believe I did it wrong and I can't add her to my family. It's coming up on her phone like a parent ev

Jump to solution

Hello

Thanks for the screenshots ( Thumbs up)

You're one step short of removing the Safe Family app. Please navigate to Settings > device Administrators > Un-check Safe family and retry removal. Upon successful removal you can re-install and re-configure Safe Family on the same device

Refer TS102348 for more

View solution in original post

4 Replies
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: Safe family app. I need to either figure out how to log out of my kids account on her phone or uninstall the app. When I downloaded it to her phone I believe I did it wrong and I can't add her to my family. It's coming up on her phone like a parent ev

Jump to solution

Hello

Thanks for the screenshots ( Thumbs up)

You're one step short of removing the Safe Family app. Please navigate to Settings > device Administrators > Un-check Safe family and retry removal. Upon successful removal you can re-install and re-configure Safe Family on the same device

Refer TS102348 for more

kdiamond215
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Thank you! I uninstalled, reinstalled. Last time I did create an account and set her up under her email. This time I don't know if I should log in under my email or hers?

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Kathleen Diamond wrote:

Thank you! I uninstalled, reinstalled. Last time I did create an account and set her up under her email. This time I don't know if I should log in under my email or hers?

You might want to use your email address assuming that is initially used for creating Safe Family Admin account. Once logged in you will get a prompt "Who will be using this device" select the child from family list which you initially created or you can add a new kid profile.

kdiamond215
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

All set up. Thank you so much!!!!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community