Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liz81
Contributor II
Message 1 of 7

Safe Family won't download

Jump to solution

Now that Mcafee has taken away parental controls, I have to download Safe Family but it's not working.  I would get a message saying "Sorry that didn't work" and to try again later. I've been trying for two days. and it still won't download and I have no way of setting parental controls. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
liz81
Contributor II
Message 5 of 7

Re: Safe Family won't download

Jump to solution

Contacted Tech online when they called.  Apparently, if you got Mcafee from your ISP, it's the ISP's problem, not Mcafee so that's sorted out.  Thanks anyway.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Help_Everyone
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Check if there any conflicting programs similar to parental controls.

liz81
Contributor II
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Hmm... Well, I still have Mcafee installed but the parental controls are gone, right?  I was using it til I discovered that it disappeared.  I also have CCleaner and spybot search & destroy but don't think they got parental controls.  Oh, I also have installed Eset online scanner v3 because I like to use an extra and more thorough virus scanner but it's only the scanner from Eset I have installed, rather than the whole package like security or whatever.  I don't think I have anything else that may be similar to parental controls.  If I do actually, then I could just use that and make adjustments or turn them on if they're off so adult sites are blocked out.  I just need to figure out which program provides me with parental controls. 

spulla
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Can you share the screenshot of the error that you are seeing when you try to install Safe Family. 

Please email me salmon_pulla@mcafee.com and share your email address associated with McAfee product. also please share the type of device you are trying to install Safe Family on. Windows 10 or 7.

liz81
Contributor II
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Contacted Tech online when they called.  Apparently, if you got Mcafee from your ISP, it's the ISP's problem, not Mcafee so that's sorted out.  Thanks anyway.

sivasubramanian
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

@liz81 

Please let us know when you are getting this error, is that while creating kids profile or create/login to parent account. Please share the screenshot of the error to proceed further.

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
liz81
Contributor II
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Siva,

I already replied and marked this as "Solved." This issue has been resolved when I spoke to a tech online and I've worked with Spulla and sent them the screenshot. This issue has been resolved and no further assistance is needed. Please close this case.

Thank you.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community