Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdelecole
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Safe Family displays a blank page

Hi there,

Anybody has issue or support can help with having Safe family displaying a blank page ?

The windows opens, and I see "McAfee Safe Family" on the top, but the page is white and nothing more displayed.

Ticket 484570-2687765699 has been opened but no further news ...

Any standard admin user on windows is not able to display anything under Safe Family … only Administrator is able to display the content … which obviously doesn't help as I need to see what is going on being logged as "myself" (admin on the computer)

Many thanks !!

10 Replies
siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 11

Re: Safe Family displays a blank page

Hi @cdelecole 

Please open safe family while it displays a blank screen, try to right click Safe family icon from system tray and click exit to close the application.Please reopen safe family  and check if it displays the content and update the outcome.

Regards,

Siddhartha.R

cdelecole
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

No luck ... when I re-open it it is the same ... blank screen and just written on the top left "Mcafee Safe Family"

;-(

cdelecole
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Hello, still no feedback from Mcafee on this ticket opened more than 2 weeks ago : 484570-2687765699

spulla
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 11

Hello,

what version of windows operating system is it. Did safe family work earlier and when did it stop functioning. Did you install Safe Family as part of McAfee Live Safe?

cdelecole
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Hello Spulla, I am surprised you asked because I already have a technician level 1 who tried to solve the issue during 3 hours being connected on my computer, then a level 2 the week after who also spent 3 hours on my computer, still not resolved.

Computer is brand new laptop with windows 10 which came with Mcafee preinstalled.

Your technicians already tried lot of things including uninstalling and reinstalling ...

What is the status of the ticket please ?

cdelecole
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Hello there,
We are more than a month where I reported this issue and Mcafee seems unable to solve it.
A month ago, a first level connected 3 hours on my computer, then made an appointment with a second level engineer who also tried to have something displayed in the Safe Family window during 2 hours, no luck ...
Ticket 484570-2687765699 has been opened for "investigation" but As I saw nothing happening, I contacted back Mcafee support who connected again to my computer to check, they did EXACTLY THE SAME AS THEY DID ONE MONTH AGO ... no luck, and later on today I have again an appointment with level 2 support ...
I am really disappointed as I see this feature I paid for is just not working and even Mcafee is not able to solve the issue (I was also not happy because one of the representatives to ld me to contact Microsoft support !!!)
Is this working for some people ?

cdelecole
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

ok ... reply from Mcafee is "IT Is  A KNOWN ISSUE", in other words it is just not working !!

They do not know yet when issue will be resolved (if it will be ...) ...

11:15 Georgi Ivanov: Alright. I understand, there seems to have been a misunderstanding. I saw that you contacted a few days ago but the people that attended you did not know the status of the case and did not consult with any level 2 agents to find out - this is the reason why the scheduled this session that we are having right now. I apologize for wasting your time, the issue has been raised with the engineering team but we are still to receive a response from them. This is a know issue so it should have a solution very soon. In any case when the issue has been resolve we will compensate you with the subscription time that you lost meanwhile you were waiting for a solution and were unable to use the software.

11:16 Customer: ok - do you have an estimate when the issue can be resolved ? Because I can also not find any trace of this issue on internet ...

11:18 Georgi Ivanov: Hopefully in the next few weeks with the release of the newest McAfee version, unfortunately I cannot say exactly when.

11:20 Customer: ok, so nothing else than waiting then ... but I am really disapointed you sell this as a product with such and such features and it is in fact not working. OK, many thanks anyway then !

11:20 Georgi Ivanov: I again apologize for the delay. I f you decide on a refund it's something we can provide you with at any point. Thank you and have a nice day.

11:21 Customer: I will wait still 2 or 3 weeks, then come back to commercial team.

11:21 Georgi Ivanov: I understand, thank you for your patience.

11:21 Customer: thank you and bye for now.

11:22 Georgi Ivanov: Bye, have a nice day.

ozfee
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

except for wasting time, not sure if they will ever fix this. Did you find a fix?

Summersea
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

As of the 10/3/20 this is still an issue. Still took control of my computer and did all the things I told them I had already done to no effect.  This took almost an hour and then he wanted to try reinstalling it yet again when it hadn't worked the first few times.  I just ended the session.

This is worth trying or showing them:

Solution 5

If you still cannot see SecurityCenter screens correctly after completing all of the previous solutions you might have an operating system problem. Perform the following steps and make a note of any errors you receive.

1. Click Start and select the Search box.
  2. Type the following command and press ENTER:

cmd

3. Right-click command and select Open as Administrator.
  4. Type each of the following commands and press ENTER after each one. After each command has run, you will see a success or failure message:

• regsvr32 scrrun.dll
    • regsvr32 jscript.dll
    • regsvr32 vbscript.dll

• Additional for Internet Explorer 9 Users:

regsvr32 jscript9.dll

Open SecurityCenter again.  If you still cannot see the SecurityCenter screens, contact Technical Support or your computer manufacturer with these errors for additional assistance.

I get an error message so I know I have a problem.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community