cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wigglysmum
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

Rogue request in Safe Family that always shows as new

I have Safe Family on my daughter's android and there is a rogue message that I can't Deny (click and nothing happens) and, if I click "Allow"  will bring up the choices of time to allow but doesn't archive itself and permanently shows as a new request.  Any ideas how I can clear this? 

I would happily reset all the data if this was possible but I can't see any way to clear information. 

9 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

Re: Rogue request in Safe Family that always shows as new

Discussion successfully moved from Support Forums to McAfee Safe Family

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 10

can you help this user please

wigglysmum
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

Following my post, I discovered an inappropriate web redirection on my child's tablet which wasn't being caught by any malware/antivirus protection and which I couldn't trace the source of, forcing me to factory reset to protect my child. Reinstallation of Safe Family after this caused so many issues (bringing back the rogue message included) and granting extra screen time no longer worked and I eventually made the decision to try adding my child under another name and deleted the original, effectively resetting everything, so it is no longer an issue.    Obviously this didn't 'solve' the issue but it was an effective work around.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 10

Thank you for your input Hopefully someone from the SafeFamily team will add to the discussion.It being the weekend could possibly be Monday before we hear anything.

Thank you for your patience.

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Hi there,

following up, are you still experiencing those issues after creating the new child profile? Glad you were able to figure out a workaround, and we are constantly making improvements to try and prevent things like this from happening.

can you share what device you (the parent is on) and what device your child was on?

Thanks,

E-ming

wigglysmum
Former Member
Message 7 of 10

Hi,

All seems to be going well with the new profile I set up for my child.  I haven't tried resurrecting the original profile (not sure if you can).

I use an iPad  (the notifications don't ever pop up, so my child has to tell me there is a message requesting screen time).

My child has an android tablet (Lenovo Tab 2)

user_118261
Former Member
Message 8 of 10

I have this same exact issue - i have 2 requests that won't go away whether i deny or allow - i keep getting notified about them several times a day - i would like to know if there is a better solution than recreating the child's profile - as i don't want to have to do that every time it arises. Thanks

esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 10

we are actively looking into these rogue notifications that don't go away. Will get back to you on when we have a fix for this identified.

Thanks,

E-ming

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 10

Thanks E-Ming

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community