Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 1 of 8

Re: parental controls... not working

Yup, this is a known bug and is slated to be fixed I believe.

Brookz can probably give you more detail on it's current status if more info is required.

7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Doug I think you were replying perhaps to this thread?

http://community.mcafee.com/message/1099#1099

But somehow posted a new discussion?

Note that I'm not sure it's that one either.

If so I'll remove this if you can reply to whatever thread it is.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 12/3/09 12:26 PM
CBW
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Does anyone have update on this bug?  I have a limited user account set up in Vista for my kids, but the parental controls from Security Suite only seem to work if I am logged in as administrator at the same time.  I have the Comcast version of the software, and the virtual technician tells me that everything is working fine.  I have tried every setting I can find in both the McAfee and Vista user account setup, and nothing seems to help.

x-brookz
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

This bug has been resolved in the next update.

CBW
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Thanks!  Do you know when the update will be released?  I ran update this morning and found out that I have the latest version.

x-brookz
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

I cannot specifiy a date since it's not set in stone yet, but there will be a new version within the first quarter of 2010.

If you would like to check out what our next version looks like, there is a free beta preview at http://beta.mcafee.com.

CBW
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Any more information about when this update might occur?  The parental controls still are working only about 1 out of 10 restarts unless the administrator logs in first.  The computer has Vista with a limited user account set up for the kids.  Thanks!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

The new 2010 version will start rolling out slowly any time now.  No news as to who is getting it first but it will happen in the coming days and weeks.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community