cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhosseini84
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Permission

Hi, THANK for design mcafee safe family. I have a question...

How i can disable protection in my child tablet in it  when i want to work with device ?

Thanku

3 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Permition

I will contact a *Expert* from the Safe Family Team to add to the discussion.

​  Could you kindly assist this customer please?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Hi

is this so you can share the use of the device between an adult and your child?

if you want to disable protection on your child's device so that you can use it without any rules, you will want to switch the device from a child profile to your parent profile. this will disable any rules that you have put in place for your child.

the steps are similar across all supported platforms - windows, android and iOS

on mobile (android or iOS):

1.) on the device that you want to disable the rules, launch the safe family app

2.) look for the family tab on the far right

3.) when you see the list of profiles, go to the very bottom and you will see an option to "switch profile"

4.) after tapping on "switch profile" you will be  prompted to type your email address and password you used to setup your account with Safe Family

5.) once you have switched to the parent profile, then no rules will be applied.

on windows:

1.) in the upper right hand corner there will be the name of your child and a down arrow/eschelon, click on that and you will see an option to "switch profile"

2.) after clicking on "switch profile" you will be prompted to type your email address and password you used to setup your account with Safe Family.

3.) once you have switched to the parent profile, then no rules will be applied.

don't forget to switch it back when you give your child access to the device again. follow the same steps.

hopefully that helps,

E-ming

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Thank you E-ming.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community