cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GR1
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

McAfee Safe Family

I have downloaded McAfee Safe Family on my child's laptop (windows 11), but it will not install when clicking on the downloaded file. There is no shortcut on the desktop even.  I previously have installed on other devices no problem. Any advice?

11 Replies
GR1
Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Re: McAfee Safe Family

Update: It is installed but will not open...

Venkat_YM
Message 3 of 12

Hi @GR1 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you kindly perform the below steps.

Please make sure windows updates up-to-date

Un-install Safe family application by going to control panel and check for the safe family program under programs and features

Kindly make sure removing all McAfee safe family application traces by going to c:\program files

Under program files find safe family and remove safe family folder entirely.

clear temporary files and temp files by press win+r and type %temp% and temp remove all the files under this folders.

Kindly re-install safe family again.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

Brised
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

I have the same issues on a new install of Windows 11 and have followed your steps without it being fixed. McAfee Total Protection installed just fine and is updated, but adding Safe Family appears to install and the icon is created on the desktop of an administrator account, but when double clicked nothing happens.

I subscribed to McAfee Total Protection and a key part is the Safe Family for me but appears not to work at all. How can I resolve this or will you refund my subscription.

Regards

Brian

AndreasH
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Hi everyone,

same for me. Installation on Win11 is working but Safe Family is not starting.

I need to get it working for securing the notebook of my son.

I have switched today from another product to McAfee and need this feature.

Please help.

Andreas

GR1
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Yes, unfortunately I followed the steps but it still will not open.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 12

there are currently several postings in this community about Safe Family that will not start;

respons from mcafee mods is that mcafee is aware of this issue and is working on a fix.

one of the postings can be found here with official mcafee answer;

McAfee Support Community - Re: Family Safe - does not start after installatio... - McAfee Support Co...

nothing that you can do at the moment unfortunate to solve this.

GR1
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Appreciate that update cyberdude

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 12

your welcome.

wish i had better info at the moment for this issue for you and others.

hope fix is coming soon.

wlottering
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

I have the same issue. I have asked via chat for help but they could not find anything wrong. Waiting for response.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community