Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vijaykhatri
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Limit limit

Hi,

From the time set between 6am to 9pm. I would still like to limit the total screen time to 2 hrs. Once 2 hrs is reached my child can message me for more time like my previous parental control app allowed. This way I can tell my child to play outside for 30 minutes then give them more screen time.

Can I do this some how?

Thanks

Vijay

2 Replies
Smita_Kumari
Message 2 of 3

Re: Limit limit

Hi @Vijaykhatri , 

Greetings from McAfee

Kindly follow the below article to set up the rules on Safe family. Feel free to reach the consumer support team by accessing the below link

How to setup safe family rules

McAfee consumer support

Regards,

Smita Kumari

MushroomDerby
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Limit limit

I have the same question and I don't think you answered it.

We want to limit the amount of time a child spends on  his computer ... not the amount of time s/he spends on a particular app.

The only options I see are setting a general schedule during which a child can use the computer -- i.e., from 6 am to 10 pm! -- or to set an amount of time a child can spend on a particular app.

Imagine, if we set 1.5 hours on Dischord, 1.5 hours on Minecraft, 1.5 hours on Chrome, 1.5 hours on Firefox .... they could spend the whole day on the screen! But we also want to give our kids the flexibility so if they want to spend their entire 1.5 hour daily allotment on one app, they can ... so we don't want to restrict each app to 15 mins!

This is why we bothered to download Family Safe.

Please tell me this is possible.

Thank you.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community