Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crashnick
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

How to stop child seeing parent location in map

Jump to solution

I think that child should not be able to see parent location when viewing the map on the app. Is there a way to stop this?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Re: How to stop child seeing parent location in map

Jump to solution

Hi ,

The intent of the feature is to be transparent with your kids so that the family can keep track of each other on a map. if you, the parent, don't want to share your location, then you can turn off access to location services when you don't want to report your location, and then turn it back on when you want to report your location. This solution is more suited for temporary times to stop sharing your location.

Thanks,

E-ming

View solution in original post

3 Replies
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi Kreshnik,

Please check if you have logged in to the child device as a Parent. If so you need to switch to the child's profile for the rules to apply. If it happens even after the child profile is logged in we will need the below details to investigate

1. Device details including Android version

2. Version of Safe Family

crashnick
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Yes its definitely logged in with child profile, but even with this profile child can see parent location on the map. Yes, I want to know where my kids are but I don't want them to know my location when they open the app and view the map on it disclosing parent location

Samsung Galaxy J5

Version. 1.5.1.2119

esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi ,

The intent of the feature is to be transparent with your kids so that the family can keep track of each other on a map. if you, the parent, don't want to share your location, then you can turn off access to location services when you don't want to report your location, and then turn it back on when you want to report your location. This solution is more suited for temporary times to stop sharing your location.

Thanks,

E-ming

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community