Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
welkination
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

How to remove family members

Jump to solution

Hi,

Just installed Safe Family and have added the same child too many times. How can I undo this?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 10

Re: How to remove family members

Jump to solution

Ok I installed it when you add say 2 kids all same name and age you highlight Family and click on the pen edit symbol of the name you want deleted and that changes to a trash can. . You then delete your extra name. This is the procedure if you already added the extra names and saved them

Now I removed this my kids are all over 30

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

This a new product we mods do not use it best you contact mobile support as per

3. Mobile Support (Free)

McAfee Mobile Support is a dedicated free support for Mobile Product Issues such as Lost PIN/ Phone Lock / Activation Issues and other Issues related to Mobile devices. Users can contact Mobile Support just like Technical Support above through Chat / Phone /Email (Country dependant).

McAfee Mobile Support can be accessed from the below link

https://service.mcafee.com/ContactTechnicalSupport.aspx?lc=1033&sg=MS&pt=1

Mobile devices include SmartPhones , Ipads, Tablet, Iphone, Blackberry mobile, Devices running Android

A thought is hold your finger pressed on the extra name does it give you an option to delete etc?

welkination
Former Member
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Hmmmnnn

This is not, strictly speaking, a mobile product. It is installed on a primary computer, desktop or laptop, and is used to monitor the appropriate use of other devices in the household...typically of children.

While there is an app for Android it is my understanding that the app is that of "client" so that the console on the parental unit's computer can observe usage.

Please research this product, developed by the McAfee company, and find someone to monitor this forum who will have knowledge of the software and can hopefully help with my particular issue.

Thank you.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

As I said we mods do not know the product and we are unpaid helpers here we cannot and do not install all Mcafee products. I will ask a tech to visit when he has time.

Since you say it is not a mobile product please call support general they are paid to know all products I hope.

Services and Support for Home and Office

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

This is a new product by Intel and we Moderators aren't familiar with it.

I believe this area is monitored by whomever created the space  but until then, Technical Support, as Peacekeeper just suggested in the previous post, is your best bet. it is free if charge by phone or online chat.

Sorry I can't even find a User Guide or Help File for it.

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Ok I installed it when you add say 2 kids all same name and age you highlight Family and click on the pen edit symbol of the name you want deleted and that changes to a trash can. . You then delete your extra name. This is the procedure if you already added the extra names and saved them

Now I removed this my kids are all over 30

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 10

Re: Re: How to remove family members

Jump to solution

Hi

See if below steps help

edit safefamily child.png

Delete this User.png

Deleteuser.png

esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi Welkination,

see Peacekeeper's last post, once you have the product setup. the way to delete a child is by going to the family tab -> choose the profile you want to delete, and then tap on the pencil icon to edit the child's profile in the upper right hand corner -> once you are in edit mode, the pencil icon will turn into a trash can icon where you can then delete that child profile.

Thanks,

E-ming

esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

this is the way you would delete your child if you are in the process of setting up the Safe Family product. After you setup, then to delete your child, you should follow the directions that peacekeeper provided above.

Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

I have marked this thread as answered. If you do not concur let me know .

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community