cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbhall
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

HELP!! Parental Controls Blocking Internet Access

I am hoping that someone can help me out with quagmire that I am in.

A little background first.  I was a McAfee Security subscriber for about 6 years now.  I just recently cancelled my subscription because I am now getting the Security Suite through Verizon FIOS.  Everything was fine until one night I could not get on the Internet, then when I tried to log into the Parental Controls, it stated that something needed to be installed (can't remember what it was, my apologies).  Called Verizon and was patched through to McAfee support.  After spending more than an hour on the phone with the McAfee tech, we managed to get it working again.  Before I hung up with her, I asked her if this problem that I had, had anything to do with the fact that I cancelled my subcription under my Yahoo account and was told that it had nothing to do with it.  Fine.  The computer was fine for a couple of weeks and the problem happened again.  Instead of calling the tech support, I decided to see if I could fix it myself.  I tried to unistall and was given three choices, Repair, Modify or Uninstall.  I went to Repair figuring it was a glitch.  After the repair and restarting the computer, I was fine and managed to get on the internet again.  A couple weeks go by.  Today I tried to get on the internet and got the same error for the THIRD TIME!!!!!   I went to repair the problem again and was able to do what I had to do.

Now here is my question:

Is there anyway that I can get this problem fixed?  It is a royal nuisance to have to constantly have to "repair" the problem every two weeks.  Does my problem have to do with the fact that my administrator login is my Yahoo account (which is what I originally subscribed under when I had the account) or should my administrator account be under my Verizon account.

Please advise.

Thank you for your time with this matter.

Regards,

3 Replies
jemolney
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: HELP!! Parental Controls Blocking Internet Access

Two other family members are having the same problem (I think) but they DO use Verizon Administrator Account as the login, and aren't running Parental Controls (no kids/guest users, no need, right??)

So, can we TURN-OFF the McAfee Security because Verizon should be providing the security, right??

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 4

jemolney - instead of posting as a response in someone else's thread, in this case a very old one, I suggest you post a NEW THREAD in the Parental Controls section appropiate to what you have installed.

HERE if your taskbar icon in square (2009 version)

HERE if your taskbar icon is shield-shaped (2010 version)

Failing that try online live Technical Support Chat via Useful Links above.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/10/10 11:52:23 EDT AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

I just re-read your post, they don't have Parental Controls installed so why are you posting in that section?

Try posting here if you have the 2010 version (shield-shaped icon) https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/securitycenter/securitycenter_10_-_2010

or here if the 2009 version (square icon): https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/securitycenter/securitycenter_90_-_2009

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/10/10 11:55:29 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community