cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrodk1
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Create Emergency Boot Disk (CD)

In earlier versions of McAfee anti-virus products, one was able to create an Emergency Disk, which was a bootable floppy with anti-virus scan. As security products have become more sophisticated, the ability to create an Emergency Disk has either been well-hidden or has disappeared completely. Is there a way to create an bootup CD from within the latest "McAfee 3-User Total Protection" ? If so, where is it hiding? If not, does McAfee offer regular subcribers the ability to to so in another venue? If they do, they hide that well, too.
4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

RE: Create Emergency Boot Disk (CD)

This isn't a feature any more, sorry. There are plenty of tutorials on the internet.
Aviator1
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Re: RE: Create Emergency Boot Disk (CD)

Surprising and disappointing, I'd like to compliment my toolkit with a McAfee version. I manage systems running both McAfee and Norton, and Norton still offers a downloadable ISO to burn a bootable o/s image with virus scanning. It's quite effective. Come on guys, give us this simple tool.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

Sorry, nothing has changed since this was posted 18 months ago.

Aviator1
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Ex_Brit. I suppose you need more than one squeaky wheel to make a difference.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community