Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christos
Contributor III
Message 1 of 7

Control parental live safe

Jump to solution

Had to renew my mcafee subscription i used to have mcafee security centre which i was informed was no longer avaliable so i installed live safe initially parental control was missing and was informed that mcafee had discontinued parental control parental control has now reappeared on the interface. I have Live safe version 16.0 release name 16.0 R14. I am confused

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7

Re: Control parental live safe

Jump to solution

Hello @christos

Parental Control is nearing its end of life and the process started in August and will be completed by end of this year. There is an article which has additional details around this. Refer the article TS102818 for more information.

The reason you still see Parental Controls in your user interface could be that you are still on 16.0 R14. Starting 16.0 R15, Parental Controls will be replaced by Safe Family, which is an extensive version of Parental Controls which can be used to manage profiles on multiple devices.

For more information on Safe Family, visit the website https://family.mcafee.com

Regards
Farhan

View solution in original post

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Christos,

If you had previously been using McAfee Parental Controls, you would be eligible to receive a 1-year license of McAfee Safe Family, at no cost.  If you purchased your original AV product directly from McAfee, you should have already received an email with the Safe Family activation code.  If you obtained from a Partner like a PC maker or your ISP, the activation code will be coming in the next few months.  

If you don't get an activation code, you can reach out to Support and explain your situation - and they'll provide you the code and instructions.  Otherwise, ping me directly and I'll help you out.

Tracy Romine, Product Manager

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello @christos

Parental Control is nearing its end of life and the process started in August and will be completed by end of this year. There is an article which has additional details around this. Refer the article TS102818 for more information.

The reason you still see Parental Controls in your user interface could be that you are still on 16.0 R14. Starting 16.0 R15, Parental Controls will be replaced by Safe Family, which is an extensive version of Parental Controls which can be used to manage profiles on multiple devices.

For more information on Safe Family, visit the website https://family.mcafee.com

Regards
Farhan

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Christos,

If you had previously been using McAfee Parental Controls, you would be eligible to receive a 1-year license of McAfee Safe Family, at no cost.  If you purchased your original AV product directly from McAfee, you should have already received an email with the Safe Family activation code.  If you obtained from a Partner like a PC maker or your ISP, the activation code will be coming in the next few months.  

If you don't get an activation code, you can reach out to Support and explain your situation - and they'll provide you the code and instructions.  Otherwise, ping me directly and I'll help you out.

Tracy Romine, Product Manager

christos
Contributor III
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

thanks for prompt reply

christos
Contributor III
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

thanks for prompt reply

Asamnani
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi

I got an email from mcafee on 28 mar 2019 about safe family download and advised me that safe family added to my account (live safe) under “my apps” tab includes installation instructions. However I did not see in my account nowadays. I contacted technical support  by email and phone call to representative and shared mcafee email to them but no positive response till yet. I am hoping that you will help me.

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi Asamnani,

I just private messaged you with request for the email address tied to your license.  With that I can have Support check for Safe Family, and if it's not there, will add it.  

For clarity, if you have it connected to your account now, when you log into https://home.mcafee.com and look under MyAccount...scroll to bottom of page and you should see this...

SafeFam.png

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community