Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xwacx
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Can not stop or delete McAfee core services

Jump to solution

These four services are running in the background and I can not stop or delete them.

McAfee Core Firewall Service

McAfee Management Service

McAfee Management Service Host

McAfee Process Validation Service

The program does't show up to uninstall via windows tools.  I have tried running the MCPR removal tool 6 times to remove the remnants but it stalls at "removing product MFP". 

When I try to delete the core files I get error saying access denied; even when I run as administrator.  What can I do?  Please help.  Thank you. Bill

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can not stop or delete McAfee core services

Jump to solution

Hi @xwacx 

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please initiate MCPR Tool and while is being stuck at MFP, Please open Task Manager and end the McAfee Family protection process. MCPR will finish removing all McAfee traces. Please let us know the outcome after performing these steps.

Regards

Magesh J

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi @xwacx 

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please initiate MCPR Tool and while is being stuck at MFP, Please open Task Manager and end the McAfee Family protection process. MCPR will finish removing all McAfee traces. Please let us know the outcome after performing these steps.

Regards

Magesh J

xwacx
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

your suggestion worked...thanks a lot

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community