Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allturk
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Blocking Discord App

Hi,

I want to block Discord application running and connecting internet for a spesific user via Safe Family?

4 Replies
karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: Blocking Discord App

Hi @allturk 

Please follow the below steps to block Discord from accessing internet.

1. Open Safe Family and select the Rules icon.

NOTE: To help you get started, Safe Family uses your restriction levels to apply a base set of rules to your kid's profile. You can see this base set in the Summary view.

2. From the list, select the kid whose policy you want to change.
  3. Click or tap Apps tab and view the Application rules.
  4. Select the drawer for the device type that you want to configure. For example, if your child uses an Android device, tap Change rules for Android devices.

NOTE: If a device is not currently connected to Safe Family, select Connect and follow the steps before creating rules.

5. Scroll through the list of applications and adjust the settings to allow or block the app from running. This menu has three options: All, Allow, and Blocked.

Thanks,
Karthikeyan J

allturk
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

There is a problem that I dont see Discord program in the list of applications.I think that Safe family dont or can not recognize Discord.

karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for your reply.

We can see that Discord application does get recognized by Safe Family. Kindly try removing the Discord application and reinstalling it to check if  the issue persists. If you still see this issue, please check if there is any update for Safe Family and let us know the version of Discord application and Safe Family, so that we can take this forward.

allturk
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Hi  ,

I have another question. My friend installed total protection trial version and safe family. 

Safe family is not running properly. When configured child rules from the phone for example screen time, it doesnt prevent running the programs in windows. But when he configure another windows user and install safe family. In that user the rule is running, but in the main user is not running properly.

why?

Thanks

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community