Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sueat77
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Android device "overrules" iOS?

hi,

installed SafeFamily on my iPhone and my daughter's iPhone. Worked great. Then my husband installed it on his android phone using the same parent account and now in the parent account  devices list and in the locations screen I no longer see my iPhone as parent device but only the android. We already deactivated and uninstalled it from android- no change: still the now no longer available phone is shown and I can't find a way to get my iPhone shown. Please help! Thanks, Susan

7 Replies
sueat77
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

Re: Android device "overrules" iOS?

Hi there, this question is still open - and the no longer existing Android phone still is listed as the only parend device in devices list...would someone please respond! Thanks!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 8

The Community is watched mainly by volunteer software users  and perhaps nobody knows the answer.

I suggest you contact Technical Support by phone or online chat:  Contact Support

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

​,

I will attempt to contact someone from the Safe Family Team on your behalf. ​ Could you kindly assist this customer please?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

hi ​,

ok let's see if we can get your iphone to show up on the map.

on your parent phone, can you launch safe family, go to the family tab (far right tab), choose the parent,  and look under the device tab. do you see at least two devices, the android and ios device there? it sounds like you only see the android device listed there, but just wanted to reconfirm.

the one thing you can try is on your parent iphone, switch to another child (and go through setup) and then switch back to parent. you may want to create a new kid profile to do this and that should get your parent iphone "re-registered" to report your location.

let me know if that works or if you need additional assistance.

Thanks,

E-ming

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

Thank you again E-Ming

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
sueat77
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Hi E-ming,

thanks for your help. This solved part of the problem. I can now see my phone again as parents device - but the Android one is still listed and I don't see a way of removing it. Also - what happens when my husband installes the app on his iPhone? Will his device then overrule mine? Why can you only see one parents device in map??

thanks again for your help!

esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

great, glad to hear that is working for you again.

at this time there isn't a way to remove the android device from that list of devices.

The way our location feature works is that if one user profile has more than one device connected, it will take the location of the most recent device and display that in the map.

because we have just one parent/administrative account, connecting your husbands iphone, your parent location will be choosing between yours and your husbands iphone instead of displaying both locations. the support for multiple parents managing is something that we are looking at implementing in the future.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community