Did you mean: 
KevinBenstead
Contributor
Message 1 of 1

Administrator accounts AGAIN

Along with several other posters on this forum I have a problem with the

"If the windows user is an administrator they can go anywhere on the internet"

policy of the parental controls.

I used to have separate Mcafee user accounts which meant I could limit where they went on the internet (Using the Allowed List Only" option) whilst allowing them to be computer administrators so they ouuld install and run games. They do this frequently and often when I am not present. I don't know why they do it but an awful lot of games will only run as an administrator. I could cope if it was only installing that needed admin rights but they need admin rights to run as well.

I was able to keep the Mcafee accounts when I updated to the latest version a while ago as I already had them. However a recent problem with updating insisted that I uninstall and re-install the virus scanner. What actually happened was that the installer uninstalled EVERYTHING and re-installed the latest versions.

Now of course I've lost the Mcafee accounts and my children now have access to anywhere on the Internet.

I'm currently restricting the childrens internet access by unplugging the power supply from the broadband router and taking it to work with me. At least the childern can continue to play their games. Then I have to sit next to them whilst they use the internet so I can make sure they don't go anywhere they shouldn't

I want my Mcafee accounts back.

If updating can pick up the fact that Mcafee accounts are present and allow me to continue to use them then all the relvent software is there to use them. It's just been disabled if you do a fresh install.

Just tell us how to get them back.

If I hadn't already paid for three years I'd seriously consider buying something else.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community