cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
besoindaide
Contributor II
Message 131 of 151

Re: mmsshost.exe is using 77% of RAM

Hi Visje, sorry for the delay I was quite busy those last days. Thanks for your comment, clear to me and I understand.

besoindaide
Contributor II
Message 132 of 151

Just for information, after an other week without any recurring issue (so far!).

The situation today is for me as this:

1- I got a PC workstation, running the same win10 s/w and McAfee application. This unit was never and still is not affected.

2- I also have a laptop with same s/w versions, this is the one that got affected from the win10 creator update. As soon as the update was running, the McAfee issue started from early December with mmsshost hanging up as high as 90%+.

From the time I ran that piece of s/w provided by a McAfee tech (the SubDBFix.exe) on the laptop, the issue has not yet reoccured for almost three weeks by now. It looks like this is only valid for a direct McAfee subscription and not for s/w installed as part of a bundle.

Next week, I will uninstall completely the McAfee Total Protection s/w from the laptop and then reinstall it just for the fun, and see if the issue reoccurs or not!

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 133 of 151

Those who are still facing the problem please try the below command and post back the output.

1. Open a command prompt as an Administrator
  2. Type powercfg /a and hit Enter
  3. This should list out the supported Sleep states
  4. Post back the outcome for further investigation
dreamcastrocks
Contributor
Message 134 of 151

The following sleep states are available on this system:
Standby (S3)
Hibernate
Hybrid Sleep
Fast Startup

The following sleep states are not available on this system:
Standby (S1)
The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Standby (S2)

Standby (S0 Low Power Idle)

besoindaide
Contributor II
Message 135 of 151

Sorry for the delay! I publish two results: the 1st one is on the PC Workstation and the 2nd one is on the Laptop (where I mentioned the issue). See comments.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following sleep states are available on this system (WORKING PC Workstation on which the McAfee issue never occurred):

Standby (S3),     Hibernate,     Hybrid Sleep,     Fast Startup

Standby (S1) :         The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Standby (S2):         The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Standby (S0 Low Power Idle):         The system firmware does not support this standby state.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following sleep states are available on this system (Laptop on which the McAfee issue occurred):

Standby (S3),    Hibernate,     Hybrid Sleep,    Fast Startup 

Standby (S1):         The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Standby (S2):         The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Standby (S0 Low Power Idle):         The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Therefore, two different systems (one working and the other one having the issue) but exactly the same parameters.

besoindaide
Contributor II
Message 136 of 151

By the way, reference to the last note of my previous mail ("Next week, I will uninstall completely the McAfee Total Protection s/w from the laptop and then reinstall it just for the fun, and see if the issue reoccurs or not"), I have done it yesterday April 11, but took first the following into consideration: 

> on my working PC, the McAfee s/w was set with language 'en-us' and on the 'failing' laptop, 'en-gb'. Why, I do not know. Therefore, I uninstalled the McAfee Total protection s/w fully, then re-installed it but this time with the langage set to 'en-us'. You never know, even if this looks 'stupid'<

En so far, mmsshost issue has not yet re-appeared after the 2nd day (cpu rate between 6 to 15%). Again, from the time I used this tool (SubDBFix.exe)

malachirobert
Contributor
Message 137 of 151

Hi Did this issue ever get solved?  I just rebooted after a Windows Update and had the MMSSHost taking up the CPU.

malachirobert
Contributor
Message 138 of 151

I should add that I am using LiveSafe and seeing that this problem has been around for months, I am seriously considering switching back to Norton.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 139 of 151

Is everyone updated to 16.0 R10 and seeing this problem? Please let me know

jonno2001
Contributor II
Message 140 of 151

Yeah, McAfee Internet Security  version 16.0 R10

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community