cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jvandeven
Former Member
Message 61 of 151

Re: mmsshost.exe is using 77% of RAM

I now have this problem as welll.  It started after I rebooted (from off not sleep).  System details are:

McAfee Total Protection

Version: 16.0.5

McAfee SecurityCenter

Version 16.5

Build: 16.5.190

Affid: 1311

Languate en-gb

last update 21/11/2017

VirusScan

Version 20.5

Build 20.5.179

Engine version 3211.0

Personal Firewall
Version 17.5

Build 17.5.145

WebAdvisor

Version 4.0

Build 4.0.7.148

QuickClean

Version 16.5

Build 16.5.181

Windows 10 Home

Version 1709

Build 16299.125

CPU usage is over 80 and usually around 90%, due to McAfee Management Service:

I am uninstalling and reinstalling McAfee and will re-post once I have seen if that works.

besoindaide
Contributor II
Message 62 of 151

Hello PeaceKeeper,

The last one before a New Year, therefore I wish you here all the best for 2018 and above all a good health and prosperity.

Now, refering to the low CPU and Ram, I must record that they did not change between the two versions of Windows and prior that, I had no problem like I do experience now,

jvandeven
Former Member
Message 63 of 151

Reinstall appears to have worked for me - no idea why.  Just another notch under the "must find alternative to mcafee" account...

jerrydale2
Former Member
Message 64 of 151

I would say this is a problem.  I ran full antivirus overnight and no issues.  I didn't buy my computer to have it only able to run antivirus software.

jerrydale2
Former Member
Message 65 of 151

Now, if my math is correct McAfee is taking 91.5 percent of my cpu.  At least with the IRS, they only take up to 35 percent.

jerrydale2
Former Member
Message 66 of 151

Now at 92.3 percent of my cpu available.  This is with no scans running or other things going on with McAfee.  Doesn't seem correct.

jerrydale2
Former Member
Message 67 of 151

I find it extremely strange, the two McAfee entries are continually updating and staying at 90+ percent as they change.  Something is definitely happening here.  How can I upload a log before my data plan prevents it?

Peacekeeper
Message 68 of 151

Logs are handled by support Selvan is the tech looking into this issue. I wish I could see this that way I could get the logs off to support the same day. Oh logs are gathered using specific programs Mcafee support have.

I hope the new year gives you more joy that the end of this 1.

any comment re how this issue is progresing

jerrydale2
Former Member
Message 69 of 151

I removed and reinstalled McAfee LiveSafe and web browser security, rebooted and cpu usage was down to around 20 percent total.  I then reinstalled McAfee and the cpu usage is seldom above 50 percent and fluctuates lower for all processes running on my machine while a antivirus scan is in process.  Appears there is a problem with McAfee which causes it to hog resources.  I update mine almost daily manually.  Apparently the fix is to either remove/reinstall McAfee or switch to another product where the support is better?

Peacekeeper
Message 70 of 151

I did not even see this before I reinstalled to fix another issue. So far 20 posters here and minimal calls to support so low priority I would say though if they got full logs when this issue happening the developers should see what is the cause and fix it in the next upgrade one would hope. Xmas new year shutdown a problem so here is hoping for the new year.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community