cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 151

Re: mmsshost.exe is using 77% of RAM

Suggestion while waiting try disabling firewall does it still happen. Try disabling real time scanning . Of course reenable then asap. Support is going to be here soon. asking for you to assist them.

inteluser
Contributor
Message 12 of 151

I have the same issue as stated on the above. McAfee Management Service Host or mmsshost is using close to 100% CPU on my Acer Aspire E14 with the latest Windows 10 operating system with a Nvidia 920M. I have not altered any settings or overclock my graphics nor CPU. I have successfully able to evade the high usage of said program by restarting my laptop. Thus, it will reoccur after 3 days or 4 days. It happened yesterday and I had let it run close to 4 hours with no end. I had to restart my laptop ( risking data being lost or corrupted) and able to use it again. Hopefully McAfee would solve this issue as soon as possible or else I have no choice but to use other free antivirus software.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 13 of 151

Hello All

Our Engineers are interested in gathering logs/memory dumps from at least 3 of the affected devices. Volunteers can follow me and send a Private message for starting the process. To summarize

1. The problem has multiple symptoms such as High CPU, High Memory, High Disk

2. The problem occurs only when the PC is not shut down for two or more days

3. The problem occurs in Windows 10 Environment where latest updates are installed

Looking forward to see this problem go away

Tagging

hughescpa
Former Member
Message 14 of 151

I'm having exact same problem!  HELP!

Peacekeeper
Message 15 of 151

So are you or any of the others experiencing this available to assist in allowing the techs to obtain logs of the issue occurring?

inteluser
Contributor
Message 16 of 151

im interested in solving this problem ASAP. Please send the instructions

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 151

​, ​,ragothkarnan  The following user is interested in having logs taken.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 18 of 151

I have sent you a Private message.

andrewb
Former Member
Message 19 of 151

I am having the same problem with it taking over 50% of CPU.  Have NVidia GeForce GT640M Driver version 376.54.  Problem only seamed to appear almost permanently when updated to Windows 10 Fall Creater version a few days ago .

zeidsvoog
Former Member
Message 20 of 151

Same problem, mmsshost.exe taking up 80+% of CPU. Recently updated to Windows 10 fall creators update. Have Nvidia GeForce GTX960M Driver version 388.31

Edit: Just updated driver to version 388.59 and it had no effect. If anything mmsshost.exe is using more CPU space now.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community